Child Support Recalculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Support Recalculation

I'm just wondering if anyone can help....My husband will be getting his child support recalculated in the upcoming months because his daughter will be 18. This will mean that the child support he is paying might go down by half of what was originally used to figure our Ch 13. We are looking at approximately $800 extra per month. Will this affect our Ch 13 payment? Do we have to inform the Trustee if our expenses get reduced? Thanks!

Has your Plan been confirmed (approved) by the court?

Des.

Comment

Yes, we are confirmed. We are about 2 years in...on a 5 year plan.

Comment

If your tax returns aren't collected by the Trustee, then they might not ever find out. But I would call your attorney and get their advice because hiding it can lead to problems down the road.

Comment

The only thing that goes on the tax return as far as child support...is that she is our dependent. And if you go by dependents...we got one turning 18 and we've had one since filing. I did send an email to the attorney. But I've just been wondering. I wasn't sure if the court would send the trustee anything if the child support order is modified. Thanks!

Comment

Rule of thumb for any Ch. 13 plan - if you have an increase OR decrease in income... ALWAYS call your attorney to find out if it must be reported to the trustee. unless you are in a 100% payback (per your confirmation order..not per 13DataCenter) then always report changes; hell..even IF I were in a 100% payback I'd still ask my attorney just to be sure.

Think of it this way: would it be worth not getting your discharge at the end of your plan because you failed to report any changes? Then its all for nothing....right? ;) That would suck big time to be sure...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X