Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion

The judge approved my CH13 BK plan and said I need to file a motion to confirm this plan. I am looking for sample of this motion but have not been able to find one.

What district are you in?

Also, are you certain it is a motion you have to file and not a proposed order?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You posted 2 days ago that you filed a Chap 7. You also posted in December asking a question on behalf of a friend considering filing Chap 13 prose for the 4th time.

Please clarrify what is going on.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        You posted 2 days ago that you filed a Chap 7. You also posted in December asking a question on behalf of a friend considering filing Chap 13 prose for the 4th time.

Please clarrify what is going on.
        This is for my friend who in a Chapter 13 and the Judge appoved her plan and wants her to file a motion to confirm and she wanted a sample or if someone had done one of these.

Comment

I think your friend should ask her own questions. She is the best person to accurately describe her situation and answer questions.

I often read a poster's previous posts to try to get background on their situation or find a simple piece of information not included in the current post. I think others do the same. You posting a question for a friend as if it is your own question causes confusion.

Comment

I think your friend should ask her own questions. She is the best person to accurately describe her situation and answer questions.

I often read a poster's previous posts to try to get background on their situation or find a simple piece of information not included in the current post. I think others do the same. You posting a question for a friend as if it is your own question causes confusion.
            I understand that , this lady is 73 years old and doesn't get online so she asked me to do it for her, sorry if it confuses you, just trying to help her

Comment

Okay, in that case I'll try to help. [Just please be upfront in the future that you are talking about somebody else's case, not your own.]

I still need to know:

What district is the case in?
              Are you certain it is a motion she has to file and not a proposed order?

Comment

Okay, in that case I'll try to help. [Just please be upfront in the future that you are talking about somebody else's case, not your own.]

I still need to know:

What district is the case in?
                Are you certain it is a motion she has to file and not a proposed order?
                She is in the Eastern District California
                It is a motion to confirm
                Thank you

Comment

I think this is what she needs. It's not called a motion. It's called a request for entry of order which is really the same thing as a motion. It will need to be edited a bit since it is not being submitted by an attorney: http://www.caeb.uscourts.gov/documen...DC.003-085.pdf

She should probably also submit an order: http://www.caeb.uscourts.gov/documen...003-081-12.pdf

Comment

Thankyou so much and sorry for the confusion

Comment

Why do I get the sense you are doing this for her. Also, why is a 73 year old filing chapter 13? And why is she apparently pro se in a 13, if she can actually afford to be in a 13, she could afford an attorney, if she can't afford an attorney, she has no business being in a chapter 13.

Comment

She is trying to save her house and just for your information myself and others are trying to help her,
                        Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Well over 90% of chapter 13's fail, one of the main reasons is that many people file chapter 13 that have no business doing so. I hope she makes it, but the odds are stacked against her.

Comment

We plan on being with the 10% so I guess we do have business doing so. As far as hope goes we have something better than that and that my friend is Faith!
                            Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                              Well over 90% of chapter 13's fail, one of the main reasons is that many people file chapter 13 that have no business doing so. I hope she makes it, but the odds are stacked against her.
                              Is this really true,well over 90% fail thats the first I am hearing it expressed that high. Where I live, everyone I ask say they are doing fine in their chapter 13. Did you mean people who file without an attorney

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X