top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice of Release for Order to Employer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Release for Order to Employer???

I'm in the home stretch of my Ch. 13 (maybe I'm closer than I think) and I received a letter from my trustee (actually a copy of a letter sent to my employer). It reads:

NOTICE OF RELEASE

This is to advise you that the Order to Employer sent to you on the above employee should no longer be honored. Any funds held by you may be returned to the employee.

According to the 13 Data Center my case is "eligible for audit."

My bi-weekly payment was $250.16. The remaining principal owed to creditors is less than that --- $185.45 --- and it says they have $305.96 on hand.

I THINK this means I may be done with payments. Anybody with more expertise care to confirm or deny?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you are done with payments! Lucky for you, your Trustee has taken care of revoking the Wage Deduction Order and has sent notice to your employer to stop taking the payment from your checks!

You are in the home stretch!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's great!! I'm finishing about 6 months early. So I should assume about 2 months from now I'll be discharged?

Comment

Originally posted by LoopBigShot View Post
        That's great!! I'm finishing about 6 months early. So I should assume about 2 months from now I'll be discharged?
        Yay! Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks!

My attorney confirmed I'm done with payments, which is somewhat puzzling to me. My plan was $545 per month (later changed to bi-weekly since I was doing payroll deductions) and I started in October of 2007. Is it possible some of the creditors never tried to collect?

Comment

Originally posted by LoopBigShot View Post
            My attorney confirmed I'm done with payments, which is somewhat puzzling to me. My plan was $545 per month (later changed to bi-weekly since I was doing payroll deductions) and I started in October of 2007. Is it possible some of the creditors never tried to collect?
            If you are in a 100% plan, it is entirely possible and actually normal that not all creditors actually file a claim.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
              If you are in a 100% plan, it is entirely possible and actually normal that not all creditors actually file a claim.
              Yeah, I definitely was not in a 100% plan, which is why I was surprised I'm done making payments roughly 6 months early.

Comment

You may be in one of those Districts where if the "base plan" is paid off and you've substantially completed the plan (more than 36 months in), they allow you to exit the plan and receive a discharge. I really can't comment on this for Illinois. When did you file, in October?

Comment

You may be in one of those Districts where if the "base plan" is paid off and you've substantially completed the plan (more than 36 months in), they allow you to exit the plan and receive a discharge. I really can't comment on this for Illinois. When did you file, in October?
                  DATE PETITION FILED 10/30/2007
                  DATE PLAN FILED 10/30/2007
                  FIRST 341 MEETING DATE 11/27/2007
                  DATE CASE CONFIRMED 12/19/2007

So, I'm ~54 months in...I'm in Chicago (Tom Vaughn is the trustee), if that helps.

That's the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. This sounds like an NCAA bracket!
                  Last edited by LoopBigShot; 05-11-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

We are approaching the 3rd year in our 13 and by my calculations we will have made all of our base payments before the 60 month date and finish 4months early. Hope we have the same luck as you.
                    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
                      We are approaching the 3rd year in our 13 and by my calculations we will have made all of our base payments before the 60 month date and finish 4months early. Hope we have the same luck as you.
                      Are "base payments" if you had secured debt? All of mine was unsecured...

Comment

I forgot to mention, unless you were over-the-median, you were not required to be in a 60 month plan. Some attorneys will lengthen the plan in order to pay arrears over a longer period.

Comment

I forgot to mention, unless you were over-the-median, you were not required to be in a 60 month plan. Some attorneys will lengthen the plan in order to pay arrears over a longer period.
                          Yeah...I was just over the median. If not for that, I would have just filed a Chapter 7 since all of the debt was unsecured.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X