top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a sample of a pre-filing budget spreadsheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a sample of a pre-filing budget spreadsheet?

Hi All, I've tried searching but I'm not turning up anything on the forum. Does anyone have a sample spreadsheet they could share of all their expenses prior filing BK to turn in to their attorney that might be helpful? I feel like I'm going to be missing things and kicking myself later. I haven't met with an attorney yet, but I've been trying to think of anything/everything under the sun that I would need to account for and writing them down. Thanks!!

List the expenses you have so far. You will get plenty of feedback about amounts and missing categories!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

There is a link to a spreadsheet in my blog: http://www.bkforum.com/entry.php?313...-for-attorneys I created the form from the spreadsheet I emailed to attorneys before my consultations. There are two tabs on the spreadsheet. One tab lists expenses, debts and assets and the other shows 12 months of income and averages over different 6 month periods. All 3 attorneys ran a means test before the consultation which made the consultations very useful. My attorney said that it really helped make advising me and preparing my petition easy.

It doesn't include all expenses, just monthly bills. But, there are blank spots where you can add expenses. It won't keep you from forgetting expenses, but it will help organize your info. For expenses that were not included on the spreadsheet, my attorney used national and local standards on my Schedule J which worked fine for me.
      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 08-04-2012, 02:13 PM.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LadyInTheRed - thank you, very helpful!

Comment

Is this still available? How does file dropper work? Says if a file wasn't downloaded in 30 days it is removed. TIA

Comment

I just uploaded it again. http://www.filedropper.com/bkinfoform_1 Click on the grey "download this file" button.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LITR!!

Comment

That's a good spread sheet, if your working on expenses...

I think this one helps you think about your expenses and recapture expenses you might over look

PDF Version

Here is the downloadable Excel Version (I knew there was an excel version, just took me some time to find it)
                Last edited by HHM; 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X