Foster/ Adoption question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foster/ Adoption question

My wife and I found out a few years ago that we can not have biological children. As such, we are hoping to foster and one day adopt. It may sound ridiculous to foster while in a Chapter 13, but we are worried that if we get any older, we will be too old to foster or adopt. Our situation has improved significantly in terms of finances, so I believe we have income to support a child, plus we only have a year and a half left on our BK. I am wondering if we should wait to begin the fostering process or try to do it now. The state agency plans on checking our financials during the home study. Has anyone ever attempted to foster while in Bankruptcy? If so, what was the outcome? Thanks in advance.
    01/17/2009 Filed
    03/03/2009 341 Meeting
    04/14/2009 Confirmation Hearing

I don't have any experience with this, but I certainly do wish the very best outcome for both of you. Please keep us posted!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

We have gone through the (adoption) process twice now, and whereas they do ask for copies of tax returns and statements of debt (cc statements, loan statements, etc), as well as asset statements, they have never pulled our credit report nor asked the status of any of these payments. It's more a collection and compilation of data than anything else. You could call and ask for an application as well as a list of all documentation needed for the home study. I'm sure what's mentioned above is all you will see. They are looking at placing a person, not a debt, so I do not not believe they look at it like a creditor, thankfully. We are just going to be filing this month, but plan to start the home study process again in a few months. Don't let anything stop you from starting your family Let me know if you need anything else. Blessings!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X