Been waiting 60 months to make this post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been waiting 60 months to make this post

I just mailed my last check check to my trustee Well I think it may be my last because it's the 60th one but from what I hear I may have to send 1 or 2 more until they tell me to stop but that is fine with me because I am pretty much DONE!!!!!!

It was pure hell at the start mostly because dealing with the lawyers, piles of papers and courts was so intimidating. But once the plan was approves it became a lot easier and I just looked at it like any other bill. I didn't hear from the trustee,a creditor or even my lawyer one time in the past 5 years. the only thing I've been checking is the National Data Center where I'm able to get updates on my account.

What can I expect next? I'm guessing the trustee will contact me? Do I need to do anything else with the lawyer? I don't need to go to court again do I or take any more classes?

I'm in a way better spot financially than I was 5 years ago partly because of a promotion, a couple raises and now I don't have the chapter 13 payment. At some point I'd like to get a new car but first I'll work on rebuilding my credit. I'm sure the credit card offers will start pouring in shortly so I think I'll go that route unless you guys have better suggestions? And trust me, nobody here needs to tell me to be careful with credit I'll never make the mistakes I made in college again.

good going James! i'm certain this is such a relief to get behind you!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats! You could start paying 'yourself' that ch. 13 payment, into a savings account. That way you'll have a good down payment and/or emergency fund going.
      ~Staci
      Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Contratulations!!! I am so happy for you. I've just started..sent my first payment..only 59 to go

You are one of my idols, no trouble and no contact with the creditors, trustee or attorney..that's what I want to happen.

Enjoy your new life!!!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Way to go James! I am so happy for you. I have 6 payments left and I will be done so that will be a BIG day for me too. Enjoy your new debt free life.

Comment

That is wonderful news, Congratulations!

The Trustee cashed our first payment this week---35 to go! sammie
            Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

congrats! I have five more payments to go myself. From what I was told by someone that responded to my post- the trustee will perform an audit on the payments to the creditors and then if everything is okay- the trustee will file a motion of plan completion & notice concerning discharge. Your attorney needs to file a notice for discharge with 21 days of the trustees filing (this may vary within districts). Regarding classes- there are two "classes" that are required for a Chapter 13- the one you took before filing and the one that needs to be completed before discharge.

Comment

Great News

Comment

Congratulations, James!

Originally posted by Scott50 View Post
                  Regarding classes- there are two "classes" that are required for a Chapter 13- the one you took before filing and the one that needs to be completed before discharge.
                  There's also a form that needs to be filed certifying that you took the second class. If that was not already filed, contact your attorney and ask him to file it now.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Good for you! If you can do it (if your car can hold out until then), wait until your BK is off of your credit report. You will have had time to clean it up and the BK will be off which should make it a great time for you to get a great interest rate and maybe even save up enough to buy the car outright! (At least that's my plan)...
                    CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
                    Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X