top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it common to be blocked from a website for my car loan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it common to be blocked from a website for my car loan?

Hi everyone,

We have a car loan with Toyota Financial where the payment will be paid through the trustee (the full payment, not crammed down)...we're in a 100% payment plan. We had our confirmation hearing last week and there is a provision in our plan for the trustee to make Pre-Confirmation Adequate protection payments for the full monthly payment. Tonight was the first night i went to the website and found we had been blocked. When I phoned the automated line it said it was because they had been notified we had filed bankruptcy. Is this common? I just want to be sure the repo man won't try and show up tomorrow. Happy Labor Day weekend.....
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

I have saw on this board where others have been blocked from on line usage of there accounts. I'm sure others will chime in soon

Comment

Yes. They block access to online account because they don't want your access to be construed as an attempt to collect a debt thereby putting themselves in violation of the automatic stay order of the BK.
      Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
      Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
        there is a provision in our plan for the trustee to make Pre-Confirmation Adequate protection payments for the full monthly payment. .
        Not to worry. It would be uncommon if you were not blocked from internet access to your account.

Note what you just said as listed in the above quote.

Patience grasshopper. Let the system work.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My debit card stopped working on my CU cking account and my GMAC car loan online access was blocked. After the discharge GMAC did let me back online. The CU said the debit card was a previlege and they did not have to allow me to use one even thought my cking account was open and working. They offered me to reaffirm my loan 4000,(to rebuild my credit) with them and they would reinstate my debit card. Since I had been paying that 4000 revolving loan for over 40 yrs, I decided to include it in the bankruptcy and I closed my account. I had bought 6 cars thru the CU and had the account for over 40 yrs. I paid off my GMAC car loan, then the car died totally. that is another story.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I also had my car loan through Toyota Financial and when I filed my account was blocked. I was able to make my payments by phone though. My car loan was paid outside the plan and when I paid it off they sent the title to me without any problems.

Comment

Yes, I just recently filed and had my 341 and I lost my online access to Toyota also. You should have received a letter in the mail from Toyota indicating where to mail payments. Otherwise just continue to send them to the same address.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X