The First Test Of Living Without Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First Test Of Living Without Credit Cards

When we decided to file Ch 13 2 mos. ago, we stopped paying the cc bills just after filing and put aside a little money in case of an emergency.

Last Monday, without any warning their was a grinding sound coming from our brakes. We took the car in and yes, the brakes had to be replaced.

Oher leg would go back to dog had a Tumor removed from her leg a few months ago with the hope that the feeling would come back into her paw. It has not. Her leg blew up 2x the sz. Sunday & her Surgeon came to our home and put her on meds. for pain and swelling. She hasn't eaten and we called the Surgeon this morning. We came to the determination that her leg will have to be amputed this Thursday morning because her leg is turning color and the Edema is leaking through her leg.

We have our Financial Meeting at 9:00 tomorrow and our 341 right afterward.

You just don't know when an emergency is going to happen. These are situations where we would have used cc's in the past and they aren't there any longer. Please wish us luck tomorrow & I will let you know how everything turns out for our "furbaby" too! sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

I am so sorry to read of your furbaby's distress. I hope everything will turn out well for her.

Good luck to you tomorrow.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

The support on this Forum has been amazing. Thank you AC I will keep you updated. The worst part is leaving her alone for several hrs. tomorrow while we are taking care of the meetings. I think our stress levels have hit the roof about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post

Oher leg would go back to dog had a Tumor removed from her leg a few months ago with the hope that the feeling would come back into her paw. It has not. Her leg blew up 2x the sz. Sunday & her Surgeon came to our home and put her on meds. for pain and swelling. She hasn't eaten and we called the Surgeon this morning. We came to the determination that her leg will have to be amputed this Thursday morning because her leg is turning color and the Edema is leaking through her leg.
        And does the amputation solve the problem by curing the dog, or will the dog still have cancer and/or more tumors coming? We were in much the same problem with a dog that we had, and after discussions with the vet, we found that amputation would only prolong the death, not cure the problem.

Sometimes we are put in the position of quality of life issues for our pets as well. We chose to let ours go out peacefully and intact, without the pain and trauma associated with surgery.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today and tomorrow Sammie.
          Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
          Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

I can't figure out what the heck that paragraph was that I had written? I think what I was saying was the other month our dog's leg blew up and we found out she had a Tumor the size of a softball. We had her blood work and x-rays sent out to the University of Colorado to a Vet. Oncologist and 3 separate opinions determined that she does not have Bone Cancer. The Tumor was removed, but some nerves were severed. She has not been able to walk on her foot since she has no feeling, walking on her knuckle. The Edema is making her leg swell and she is in a lot of pain. He has told us that she does NOT have any Cancer & there is nothing there to spread. He feels that by amputating she will have at least 4 yrs. pain free. She just turned 8 and is a beautiful white Samoyed, who is loved dearly.

Frogger I am sorry for yours & Pandor's loss. I know how difficult this was for you. This is breaking my heart & then to see the Trustee tomorrow & having to leave her alone for hrs. I am just sad today for her & there isn't much I can do.sammie

Comment

Sammie

So sorry to hear of your beloved pet having such major issues - they are like our children aren't they? Keeping you in my thoughts as we've been there, done that. Since you're just starting out in your 13 - hopefully you have wiggle room to set aside XX amount per month for vet care (we set aside between $40 - $50) - know all too well the sudden unexpected vet bill scenario. last January our kitty nearly died from pancreatic issues and a whopping vet bill of over $2200! Ouch. Luckily our vet let us make payments to them - hopefully yours will work something out as well.

Auto issues are bound to happen as well so make sure you budget accordingly.

Hugs to you!

P.S. Had to giggle a little on your last part - uhm... Frogger and I aren't hubby and wife LOL. he's just my little green buddy I met on the forum whom I keep locked inside the wickedness of the box

*eyes the frog... see what you did?! LOL*

Comment

Thank you so much I can't believe that this is happening today. We are on our way to the Surgeon right now, she just threw up & hasn't eaten since Sun. morning, blood pouring out of her leg and she just urinated on her pillow right now--a 45 min. ride to the Country. I will write back when I come home--It's time for me to take her tranqulizer lol sammie

Comment

Sammie

ask your vet if you can sub baby food vs. dog food - for now - it's much easier on their stomachs and given the poor baby is so bad off right now, might be the best thing. When our dog was still here we had to give him mashed potatos and baby food (like stage 1 or stage 2) mixed into it. we also gave him pedialyte (non-flavored) to help with electrolytes.

Hang in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post

P.S. Had to giggle a little on your last part - uhm... Frogger and I aren't hubby and wife LOL. he's just my little green buddy I met on the forum whom I keep locked inside the wickedness of the box

*eyes the frog... see what you did?! LOL*
                    In the words of Curley:

DID I DO THAT???
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Sammie, I know you are taking your furbaby in now, and I am so hoping things turn out ok for her.

IV fluids, or at least fluids under the skin, sound like they are needed, hope she gets stabilized.

Comment

Hi Friends I am back:

First of all I would like to thank you for the kind wishes for our beautiful Samoyed. When we got there the Dr. put her on an IV immediately and did blood work. She will have her leg amputed later this afternoon. He said if we did not make that decision she would be spending the rest of her life with the Edema breaking through her leg and getting constant infections, she would not get any exercise and probably would refuse to go outside to the bathroom. Her Dr. was really sweet, he asked us if we wanted him to bring her home tonight so that I could be with her. I told him that we had a mandatory meeting tomorrow that could not be cancelled (thinking--no Dr. don't bring her home because we are filing for Bk 13 tomorrow--but don't worry you will get paid What a mess. So she will be spending the night and we will go back to the Country tomorrow afternoon after we complete our 341 in the "big City".

Pandora I am sorry for having you and Frogger married I assumed this because you keep him in line like we wives have to do. She has always been on Holistic Gold food & I mix in Quinoa, carrots, sweet potatoes and cooked chicken. 3 oz of Greek Yogurt 2x a day, Vitamin E, Flax, and 5 other supplements daily. (& I wonder why we are filing)? And the Dr. will take payments, we don't know how much yet. One thing I do have on my side is that I have cooked platters of Italian food for our Dr.'s, Vet's, Lawyers and their family and office staff for years and they do take $$$ off our bills. Hopefully it will work this time, I am going to make a large platter of Chicken Parm. & bring it to the office tomorrow when we pick her up.

Seriously, thank you everyone, we could use your good thoughts for today & tomorrow.

Comment

Sammie,
                          I understand about the fur babies as we had to put our two bassets down due to cancer not a easy choice and swore never again. Yeah right two weeks late Dudley our corgi arrived in our home and stayed

Comment

I am deeply saddened to tell you that we lost our beautiful girl today. She died on the table when they opened her up, she had a blood infection that spread through her body. Please say a prayer for our beloved Kelsie.

This is quite a way to go into a 341 Meeting tomorrow. Thank you. sammie

Comment

Sammie, I am so sorry... {{{HUGGS}}}
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X