Last payment today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last payment today

Found out today online that my balance was 6 dollars. Sent the payment off today. Has anyone filed in Florida? How long does it take to get discharged? It has been a long 5 years.

Congrats on hitting the finish line!

Did you take your second debtors class yet and notified your attorney? As for the time frame, well the trustee has to do an audit and then send out some letter to the creditors giving them some days (i've heard anywhere from 21 to 30 days) to object to your discharge. I think it's kind of equivalent to that question at every marriage ceremony...."speak now or forever hold your peace" .

The actual time does depend on your trustee. Some say 30 to 60 days, others say 90 and then others have said 3 to 4 months. It's all over the place for time. I have been watching pacer and 13datacenter like a fox loose in a hen house. I made my last payment 30 days ago and I haven't received anything yet, but that's probably because I messed up and sent in a personal check instead of a money order to close to the end. Oh well that's my fault so I can't get mad at anyone but myself.

Anyway maybe someone from Florida who has been discharged can chime in and let you know some more details. Congratulations again!
    Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

No we have taken our second debtors class. This is the first time I have heard of that. Where do we take it at?

Comment

Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

There are a lot of different classes out there, but you need to complete one before you can be discharged. Double check your trustees website to make sure you take one that is approved in your state.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X