top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 Motion to Dismiss Case (Total Surprise to me!!!) HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Motion to Dismiss Case (Total Surprise to me!!!) HELP!

My wife and I filed for Chapter 13 July 15th of this year and we made our first complete payment on August 16th and have made our payments via garnishment ever since. About a month ago I received a letter from the Trustee that I was cc'd on informing my mortgage company Suntrust that they had not filed a claim in my case and that they need to do that immediately. My attorney said it was no big deal and if need be he would be sending a letter to the mortgage company as well. Well today I received a Motion to Dismiss Case on the grounds of:

"Failure to Disclose and Address Mortgage with the US Dept of HUD"

What the hell does that mean? I have one mortgage and one mortgage only. It was included in the Chapter 13 and was the primary reason why we filed so that we did not go through foreclosure. At our hearing we sailed through with flying colors providing everything that was needed and we have disclosed any and all info we have regarding our financials and liabilities. Does this have anything to do with my mortgage company not filing a claim? Of course it is a Saturday and I cannot get ahold of my attorney so I set here worried not wanting to wait until Monday to find out what is going on.

Your help is appreciated!

Welcome to bkforum!

It sounds like there is an error somewhere. Try not to let it ruin your weekend. Nothing will happen very quickly and any error can be fixed. Call your attorney on Monday, have him explain what is going on, what needs to be done by who and when it will be done. Then follow up to make sure things get done on time.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X