Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delinquent payment help PLEASE!!

Hi all and Happy Holidays

I have a big concern about my case. I'm halfway through my 60 month plan w/ no issues so far and sailing along just fine. I always mail my payment 2 weeks prior to date due in order to make sure my Trustee gets it in time. I recently checked their site and my case is showing delinquent since they have not gotten my Dec. payment which was sent 3 weeks ago. I have my copy of the money order. I called my lawyer and they told me I should contact the Trustee to let him know the situation. Should I be worried?

Thank you

Maybe with the holidays thrown in there could be the reason it has not gotten there yet.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much. The trustee isn't going to petition to dismiss your case if you keep in touch about what is going on. The trustee wants you to complete your plan.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Trace the money order to make sure it hasn't been fraudulently cashed. I had one stolen out of the mail and fraudulently cashed (was mailed to the lock-box in TN). It was a 6-month process to get the money refunded to me from the money order company. Luckily, my tt was very cooperative and understanding, and he did not dismiss the case. If you trace the money order and it has not been cashed yet, then you can request a replacement for it.
        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

As everyone else said, you have a good payment history on your side and a money order receipt. Just let your trustee know.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I'll have to get in touch w/ my Trustee so I can stop worrying.

Comment

Trustee office called right at 9am today. Told me the clerk who takes care of all payments has been on vacay and has a stack to go through. Told me no reason to worry about being dismissed or anything along those lines. I wonder why they put me(and I'm guessing others) in delinquent status before they went through everything. Feel better now.

Thanks again for the replies

Comment

The system, 13DataCenter, probably "automatically" places you in a delinquent status when no payment is recorded in the system. It probably also produces a report for the Trustee's office indicating which debtors are behind in payments. It appears that you found the cause and the Trustee's office is well aware that it is the Trustee's problem and not yours.

Happy New Year!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm in the same boat!! I mailed my certified check Dec 15th. Still not showing on the website. I'm waiting for my bank to respond regarding a trace of the check.

Comment

These types of situations continue to scare me so much. My attorney says when I begin my 13 it will not be that bad, but now I hear about these stories and it is not want I want to go through. This makes me want to wait it out just a while longer to see if I can go with a chapter 7.

Comment

LostItAll, Depending on where you are located you may be able to do automatic bank drafts.

Here in Louisiana, they require it as a wage garnishment.
                      Filed 13 on 10/23/2012 -341 on 12/17/2012 (Happy Birthday to me!)
                      Confirmed 2/6/2013 (Happy Anniversary!)
                      I'd be almost done if I hadn't tried the debt settlement program first.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X