6 more months..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 more months..

I haven't been on in a looong while, but I just had to check in.. Even if no one remembers me. :p

Last year was really, really hard. In the 4.5 years I have been going through this 13 I have married and divorced.. I had to take 6 weeks medical last April/May and spend a week in a psychiatric hospital. I was living outside of my means again after my husband (who turned out to be just another one of those cheating a-holes) left.... Waaaaay outside my means. I made it through though. I cleared out my 401k in hardship withdrawals so I could stick it out in the house that I could definitely not afford until my lease was up and then like an idiot, because of some misplaced attachment, I decided to try to make that work a few more months. It didn't. I just moved on the 1st and I feel like I am exactly where God wants me to be. It feels like I've been fighting Him for so long. The move hasn't quite put me in the positive, but I'm $600 closer and I have a modification hearing for my son's child support on the 22nd.. I know that will make up that $200 difference and then some. It's all just a matter of time and perseverance. I'll make it through this.

Some good things happened last year too though. I lost 163 lbs between August 2011 and now. In that regard I feel amazing. The hospitalization that I was so angry about helped me realize that I am not alone in my mental illness and I had felt so alone for so long. That all was quite the scary ordeal.

When I filed BK, it was 2 weeks prior to finding out that I was pregnant with my daughter. She will be 4 in 2.5 months. It's been a complicated, hectic, wonderful, stressful, terrible roller-coaster of a near-half-decade, but I wouldn't trade a minute of this life experience and education. Anyway, I went on 13network and I know that I have about 13 checks left to be garnished.. Likely 15 or 16 before it stops and is refunded, but still.. I'm so close despite family additions, lay-offs, loss of spousal income and support... There is a certain satisfaction in knowing that I haven't given in yet. How are y'all doing?
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Congratulations are your accomplishments and your daughter. It sounds as if you are getting your priorities in order and the best of luck to you. sammie
    Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Best of luck to you. GOD won't bring you to it without bringing you through it...stay faithful, blessed and positive despite the circumstances. You are where HE intends for you to be. Look at how far you have come after all you have been through! ((hugs))
      CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
      Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

You have much to be proud of. I bet you look fantastic, too, after that tremendous weight loss! Congrats on getting your life together and heading in positive directions.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thank you so much for posting this... it's inspiring. Wow, 163 lbs is to be congratulated! You're near the end. After all you've been through, you are really gonna have a victory dance waiting here! AC... get those hamsters ready for this shin-dig!
          Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
          Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X