Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried?

I thought i was confirmed! Yet today when I dropped off payment at law office and asked when i can start making auto payments, she said not until you are confirmed!! I said you went to confirm hearing last month and said i was confirmed!!! She said blah blah your lien strip hearing need to happen first blah blah!
    Anyway I always thought it seemed very strange! So now should I be worried??? I dont feel like they are telling me everything, or maybe they dont have anymore to tell, but now I am worried that rhe market is picking up and the lien will get denied and i will have to make up the missed payments with interset or lose my home, prob convet to a seven and be in a huge mess! What do you think??? Thank guys! I know some would love to get out but I need this 13!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

How long ago was your 341? I wasn't confirmed until about 5 months after my meeting because of an accidentally missed payment.

Comment

Take your Xanax.

1. Asset value is established at the time you filed your case, a post filing increase in value does not affect your lien strip.
      2. The firm is correct, generally, if you are doing a lien strip. that case must be decided before the plan can be officially confirmed.
      3. Most likely, the plan is good to go in that any trustee objection has been resolved, and so just waiting for the lien strip motion to resolve.

Most likely, nothing to worry about.

Comment

HHM :-) I certianly will tonight when I dont have to drive! Thanks! This forum is such a great place to vent! I am just going to roll with it and be positve that we are good! In the meantime frugal is the word of the day!!! Bartering to cut someones hair today so they will replace my toilet handle and insides! One day at a time! As long as potty works, its a good thing! Will no more middle month and will let you know. Thx

Comment

Lilly 341 was a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I second HHM. The normal stress of bk is always aserbated by personal fear. For the most part, if you have been upfront, honest, forthright, BK is near mechanical. Red wine has always been my sleeper. I can afford it becuase I don't smoke. What vice is a better way to go? LOLOL. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I really have nothing to add but two weeks aren't much. Like everyone says here you probably have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I dont smoke either and only drink occasionally cause of health issues but a nice pinot sounds lovely! I am sure you are all right, I just nervous! Bk is not easy, for sure!

Comment

Sometimes it's just easier to check PACER than try to get an answer out of your attorney. I check in to PACER every few months, and always double check my attorneys paperwork on there too. He actually put the wrong address on our lien strip and had to re-do the whole thing with the correct address--new hearing and everything. I had to point it out to him, or it probably wouldn't have been caught, so being vigilant is important!
                  Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                  0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Wow momof it took a long time for your lien strip too! Pacer costs money right? I will give it some time first before I pay, i have lots of unexpected things and trying to warch every cent! :-)

Comment

Pacer only costs money once you go over the $10.00 "free" limit.

Comment

Does it warn you or calculate as you go? Also it wants credit card info up front right? I keep looking at the 13data, it knows my case but states no info added yetor something along thise lines!

Comment

Pacer costs around 10c per page that you view. Like a pp said, you have to go over $10 in 1 quarter for there to be a charge. I haven't paid for PACER in years. It tells you something like "this will cost $2.00" to view, do you want to continue?" Most of the time, for lien strips and such, it only costs 1-2 pages, which is around 20c. I also have everything from my case printed out so I don't have to log in to pacer to view it again, I can just pull out my bk binder and review the paperwork that way.
                          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Ok i will check it out and look more closely. I saw it wanted CC stuff and I backed out :-)

Comment

DMC,

Do you have a debit card (with the MC or Visa logo)? Most of us don't have credit cards to use anymore, but we do have the debit card witth the Visa or Mc logo. BTW - the quarterly allowance before being charged is now $15.00 and yes there is a way of telling what your usage is and gauging yourself accordingly. Check the stickys, there is an excellent one on what pacer is, how to use it, how not to run charges etc. Sorry, see my next post for detail)
                              Last edited by sophieanne; 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM.
                              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X