Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2200 / mo payment hurts!

any other high payments out there?

Does that include secured debts? Some people pay mortgage and cars in the plan and some do not, so its hard to compare numbers like that. My payment is $1000/mo only to unsecured. I pay my mortgage, heloc, and car payments directly to the creditor.

Edit: My payment would be around $3500 if I had put everything in the plan.
    Filed CH13 - 06/2009
    Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Same for me, after initial consultation with my attorney, I would be in a 100% plan to pay off 60000 in unsecured, or around 1000$ a month.

Comment

Mine was $875 including two cars and 10% payback. Thats on a $4620/mo income.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
        Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

$2475 including two cars, but mortgage is outside the plan. I feel you.

--13for60
          Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
          341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

2251 a month. Cars, student loan, and mortgage outside the plan. It's been hell, cashed out everything to stay afloat. I tried to refi the house but the court/trustee did not respond before the rate lock expired. I moved in 2011 and they wouldn't let me sell. Payments are done in May, then I can finally sell my house in WA and move one.

Comment

I'm not the only one - that's for sure. Mortgage and cars outside the plan for me too. Income too high. 45 months in tho! 15 to go...

Comment

The first 2 1/2 years were arrearage so went towards cars / mort but now it's all unsec. But all along post petition mort payments and cars were outside the plan.
                Good news is I finally got a cc after 3 years (2 actually) - it got my score up to over 650
                Last edited by patieboy38; 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

You got cc while in a bk?
                  Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Yes , I got one from Cap One pretty much a year into the 13, for a small amount (it's up to 700 now). That's after I got a secured card from them right off the bat. Then I tried Navy FCU every year for the last three years and they (finally) recently just gave me 2. 1K each. So things are looking up. Those navy cc's bumped my scores up to 650. They did deny me a lot before I finally got it.

Comment

Did you get permission from trustee to get the cards?

Comment

Do you use them??

Comment

At the end of my Chapter 13, my payments were over $7,000/month. It included secured and priority debt. Comparing payments, however, is no way to gauge a Chapter 13. Each case has unique circumstances and may be in different Districts with different judges and certainly different Trustees. You can't really compare one to another and say... "oh my, that payment is high". Relatively speaking, my payment was not high!
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

very true!

Comment

No I didn't. I think only car and personal loans need to be told(?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X