Almost done...form 4004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost done...form 4004

So we're just about done..one more payment to go next month.
    I called our lawyer to see if there was anything else we needed to do ...and/or what to expect.
    They said all's good but that we need to sign form 4004...she made note to mail them out to us.

I got them in the mail yesterday. I need to sign one and DH signs a separate one a he owed child support before and during our CH13.
    DH is also supposed to provide his current employer to our lawyer and they will type in on the form when they send into the trustee.

Only got one question.....will it be a big deal that DH is currently unemployed????

He was laid off in November and has not had luck finding a new job.
    We've been lucky in that his child support ended this past June...and that we've had enough income with his unemployment to cover all of our expenses. Never missed a payment on anything....and flown under the radar as they say.

I have a call into our lawyer, but they were out today..and will be back on Monday.
    Just posting here to see if anyone has any thoughts.
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

It should not matter whether you are employed or not. The affidavit in support of domestic support obligations as being current (or paid in full), is solely to make sure that all DSOs are paid and/or in good standing; nothing more. If the support order ended last June, and the Family Court (or child support enforcement) indicate that the case is done and nothing is owed, you are golden!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X