My Payment got Lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Payment got Lost!

I am in a 60 month 13, paid 52 mos so far. I sent my payment as usual, and it got lost. I called the trustees office(I speak to them, and its ok with them and my attorney), and they said I would have to find a way to make it up. It was a cashiers check and the bank will not stop payment for 90 days. I have never been late! Called attorney who said to have the trustee contact the clearinghouse to see if it was misapplied. But the bank said it had not been cashed. I cant make the payment up now, I have taxes to pay. I got a copy of the cashiers check to prove I did take it out. What else does anyone think I should do? This is scary...

Thanks in advance for your help!

If you make your next months payment on time, and so on, until you can get a refund on the original cashiers check, you'll probably never be more than 30-35 days late and the trustee's office won't take any adverse action against you. I had a money order get lost and got the money back the following month . Check whether your trustee has e-pay set up now. You may be able to avoid the money order shuffle.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

One other possible suggestion...i talked to my c.u. about what would happen if this ever happend to one of our payments. The bank said if the trustee's office could call and confirm they never received the cashier's check and you can show that for 52 months you've made the payment without problem..the bank could make an exception and put a stop payment on the check and re-issue. I don't know if it'll work but may be worth a try.
      Good luck...
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
        One other possible suggestion...i talked to my c.u. about what would happen if this ever happend to one of our payments. The bank said if the trustee's office could call and confirm they never received the cashier's check and you can show that for 52 months you've made the payment without problem..the bank could make an exception and put a stop payment on the check and re-issue. I don't know if it'll work but may be worth a try.
        Good luck...
        Yes, I spoke with the CU branch manager and that is the plan if nothing comes in by this Friday.

Thank you for the suggestion, it worked!

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that...sometimes we're actually given the right info
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X