Just checking on Sammie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking on Sammie

Just curious if anyone has heard from Sammie since her call/appt with her attorney re. her mortgage and plan payment. I'm just wondering how she is dong.

And I hope everyone else is doing well also.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

i haven't seen her lately either?? hope everything is ok?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm with you hope she is okay

Comment

same here... miss you Sammie!
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Ahhh, PJ sent me this yesterday. How nice to know that I have friends here that were thinking of me, and I thank you all so much.

I have not been here because the week of our scheduled Appt. (July 23rd), we had a death in the family and had to return back to NJ for the Funeral. Our appt. was yesterday late afternoon. This is what we found out.

He can convert us to a 7 & these are our options

Since our first Mtge. with Chase is $70,000, the 2nd of $50,000 and 3rd $25,000 cannot be stripped. Our home is valued over the combined Mortgages, not by much, but over none the less.

We can give up the house (which my husband does Not want to do).
          We can continue to pay the Mortgages until which time we no longer cannot and then Chase & WF can't come after us. He said if we stay in the 13 (we just completed 1 yr) and complete the next 2 yrs. & then find out we can no longer pay, if we walk away we are still responsible for the outstanding Mortgage balances.

He said we can of course, call WF and ask them if they could combine the 2 mtges. to a lower interest rate, but they are usually unwilling & then we would be raising a red flag.

He also said that if we decide not to pay the 2nd & 3rd Mortgages but continue to pay the first it is unlikely that they would Foreclose b/c it is not worth WF buying out the first $70,000 from Chase to collect the $75,000 that we own them. He said that they will most likely wait until the first Mortgage was paid down sufficiently before trying to buy out and then Foreclose.

We are current on all Mortgages, but we have nothing left at all, let alone able to save anything.

He suggested renting out our home and downsize as well.

Now my husband feels like a total loser, depressed and is unsure of what we should do. He said that he would listen to all of your recommendations and take it from there.

As always, thank you for your help & hope that you are all doing well. sammie
          Last edited by Sammie; 08-14-2013, 05:34 AM. Reason: added text
          Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

ahhhhh sammie, so sorry you're hitting some bumps. it's hard when i other half losses the confidence and pride they once held so dear to themselves. unfortunately, it's our jobs to keep their spirits up even when we feel like throwing in the towel ourselves. or so it's been said.

your in NC, so i say just move in my daughter and you guys and split the rent LOL!! and when i come visit i'll do the cooking . seriously NC is so hard!! you one one extreme or the other is seems. even college education does seem to help much there. i know things will turn around for you, i just know it! keep the faith, and better yet, as you see, you have a support system right here and we worry about you when we don't hear from you for a while
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              ahhhhh sammie, so sorry you're hitting some bumps. it's hard when i other half losses the confidence and pride they once held so dear to themselves. unfortunately, it's our jobs to keep their spirits up even when we feel like throwing in the towel ourselves. or so it's been said.

your in NC, so i say just move in my daughter and you guys and split the rent LOL!! and when i come visit i'll do the cooking . seriously NC is so hard!! you one one extreme or the other is seems. even college education does seem to help much there. i know things will turn around for you, i just know it! keep the faith, and better yet, as you see, you have a support system right here and we worry about you when we don't hear from you for a while
              Tobee you are too sweet!I didn't realize anyone would even know I was missing.

I am coming back with a vengeance. You come here & we will fight for the stove--cooking actually relaxes me.

When hub came home for lunch I told him that I wrote here and asked for advise & I mentioned that I felt we should go into the 7, we don't have anything to lose. His reaction was that it seems too easy. I told him I would wait until I get some responses and then make our decision. He started with the "what if's" and I stopped him right there, telling him to stop putting the cart before the horse & we are already 1 yr. in.

Now, do you want to hear irony? Hub works for a HI place and people make appts. with him. He has an appt. as I am writing this, from a Supervisor from the Bankruptcy Dept. with Wells Fargo. I told him not to say a word. Sometimes men can be worse than women. I told him as long as you have to work & help him, he may be an asset down the road for us.

Comment

well, it sounds like you have a plan! which is excellent.

these decisions seem to always be needed to be made when we are under SO much stress!!!! so take your time. at this point a little more time will hurt nothing.

i know you will make the right decision, you have a great head on your shoulders and your husband is lucky to have you if it were me i would make a few appts with some attys and bring him along and let him ask all the questions he feels he needs to. it will help him understand it's not the end of the world. for some people they just have such a stigma with bk and that needs to be dispelled! hopefully that will put him at more ease.

Comment

Tobee, you hit the nail on the head, he said to me today, that he feels like he failed me, (of course, this is not the case) & if he could just get passed the "stigma" and get a "I don't give a c#$p" attitude he would feel differently. I told him to just mull it over and just think about all the ppl that have it so much worse than we do.

His main concern is "if" WF decided to buy the first Mortgage, (if we decided not to pay the other 2) and then put the home in Foreclosure. I told him that no one can answer that question, but it is unlikely.

Thank you Tobee for such a lovely compliment & I feel the same way about you. sammie

Now, on to a more important question---when you come up/down to NC, do you prefer homemade bbq or homemade Italian?

Comment

Can I come too? Homemade anything - I'm in!

Thinking of you, Sammie. I just know in my jeart things will work out for you.

Comment

Ah Sammie you will make it though and we will help you. Sending many hugs your way

I vote for homemade Italian

Comment

Pj/Pam/Tobee Italian it is & thank you ladies. sammie

Comment

Hi Sammie,

I'm just glad you're back. We filed around the same time so I feel a silent bond with you. I can't give an opinion on what you should do but I know when you get suggestions and think it through you'll make the decision that's best for you and your husband. Good luck!
                          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

ok sammie. it's COOK OFF time!!!! i would offer the same ROFL!!! BBQ (with my own homemake sauce, of course) or Italian!! my family loved the red sauce stuff, and i married the country so i cook a ton of it. i prefer northern with the white sauces. i'm getting hungry!! it's YOUR house Sammie!!! and i want BOTH! LOL!!

we have to use your kitchen when i get up there next time. why because my son in law ruined all the nice pots i got for them, of course that was like 10 years ago but shoot i have some of my pots for 30 years, they are like my tools!

i always said we should have a BK forum PICNIC!!!

Comment

Tobee you have a deal! I still use my grandmother's 100 yr. old cast iron pans.

sophieanne thank you, it is something to think about and I will keep everyone advised.sammie

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X