top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharge party at the Trustee's house... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharge party at the Trustee's house... :)

Hey everybody, document 41 on pacer says DISCHARGE.

And I quote
    "B18W (Form 18W) (08/07)
    United States Bankruptcy Court
    District of Nebraska
    Case No. 10−8*****
    Chapter 13
    In re
    Debtor(s) (name(s) used by the debtor(s) in the last 8 years, including married, maiden, trade, and address):
    Me and She

DISCHARGE OF DEBTOR AFTER COMPLETION
    OF CHAPTER 13 PLAN
    It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge,
    IT IS ORDERED:
    The debtor is granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).
    BY THE COURT
    Dated: 10/10/13
    XXXXX X. XXXXXXX
    United States Bankruptcy Judge

The day has come. If I could give anyone advise, and take it for what it is worth, it would be to do it. And when you have the choice to have the payments drafted from your paycheck, do that also. Some might tell you not to, but if you are committed to changing your financial future, do it. You will never forget to mail or send the payment, the process becomes idiot proof.

The only thing left is for the trustee to clean up after the celebration tonight...
    As God as my witness, I never want to go through this again. After we filed I found Dave Ramsey and although he would have never given advise to file, it's done and over. "Debt is dumb, cash is king," and our mortgage has our double barrels aimed at it.

Thank you to everyone who was there for me when I needed my hand held. HHM and LADYINRED, you both seemed to be the shining guide through this situation, always ready to answer some of my dumb questions. I have learned a lot and even though I am done with the process, I intend to stick around and encourage others. Get ready life, here I come.
    Last edited by justbroke; 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM. Reason: Moderator redacted name of Judge.
    Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
    First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
    2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Congratulations on a truly amazing discharge. Chapter 13 discharges are special and show the strength and resolve of the debtors that embark upon them. I say again, Congratulations on your Chapter 13 discharge! May the hamsters start dancing!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'm sure the trustee is waiting anxiously for your arrival!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you justbroke...and thanks for the edit, I didn't think about that, good call.
        Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have a CHAPTER 13 DISCHARGE Party!!!! Yea! It is always so rewarding to be able to celebrate with those who have completed a CH13. You are to be commended! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations! And what a great message you've left for others that come here.
            BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Congrats!!!! Btw Dave Ramsey actually filed bk once! Congrats to you ,,, woo hoo!!!!!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                Congrats!!!! Btw Dave Ramsey actually filed bk once! Congrats to you ,,, woo hoo!!!!!
                Yes....I always found that hypocritical... I have heard some of the worst stories of being so far in debt, suicide was almost an option, and they still didn't qualify as bankrupt able in Dave's eyes. There are so some that would never in their lifetime be free of debt, sometimes through no fault of their own, and he still pushes the baby steps. Sometimes there are no options, and if I were back three years ago I would make the same decision and have to agree to disagree with Dave. But most of his calls are sometimes inspirational. I am sad I can't do a debt free scream, but it beats the in debt tears. What's in my wallet? No snakes, that's for sure.

Comment

Extra dancing for you

Comment

Comment

What an inspiring post. Congratulations! And soooo happy you're sticking around for inspiration.

Comment

Yes! Thank you for sticking around to help those coming after you.

Everyone's BK situation is unique to their particular case. Every bit of feedback from those who have successfully completed a BK--especially a CH13, is VERY welcome.
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Great news and thanks for sharing your post with us. Wish I had done it years earlier.
                          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X