hello from new member awaiting discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello from new member awaiting discharge

hi all. i've been reading and lurking here for a bit. just venting now, waiting for our discharge.

we filed Ch 13 in 2009 after much deliberation. my spouse had a failed small business that turned into personal tax liabilities. we chose an attorney with a lot of experience and he put us at ease. we felt like we made the right decision. looking back now, in some ways these almost 5 years passed by faster than i thought they would. when we filed, 2014 seemed like an eternity away. somehow we made it through - even with my getting laid off in 2010 (i found another job, thankfully), and with my spouse changing careers in 2012.

we made our final payment in mid Nov, which was disbursed Dec 11. the creditor hasn't processed the funds yet. our mortgage co has until Jan 2 to respond to the Final Cure letter. my spouse and i filed our certifications that we completed the financial course and his domestic support obligations on Dec 19. our attorney says we did all that we were required to do. our trustee's office hasn't started the audit yet (as of last Thurs). i wish the last creditor would process the payment, as i'm assuming the audit can't begin until that happens. someone at our trustee's office told me on the phone in Nov that the discharge would take 6-8 weeks from their receipt of our final payment. i asked her to clarify - received? or disbursed? she said received. our attorney told me we'd get our discharge in Jan. i hope so. i've been successful so far not checking PACER obsessively. i'm also thinking things are moving along real slow right now due to the holidays. i'm trying really hard not to think negatively, but i do worry that something will go wrong and we won't get our discharge.

anyway, thanks for letting me vent, if you're still reading.

Congrats! What a wonderful way to start the new year!!! Thanks for sharing and welcome.
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

makeupho congrats on finishing!!! You will get your discharged like everything else in bk, nothing moves fast. I'm looking forward to being done also. The 1st 4 years have flown by, I'm sure my final year will also.
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

You have done everything right. Now you just have to be patient. I know it is hard to do that right now but your discharge is on its way. Congrats on finishing.

Comment

Congrats! I know you will get it! Happy new year!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations on completing your plan! Try not to worry. You'll get your discharge soon. After 5 years, a few more weeks is nothing.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Similar to you we made our last payment in October and our discharge was approved on December 9th. We are still getting jacked around by our mortgage company who sent a letter on the 11th of November saying our first payment was due on November 1st even though they had received the November payment on the 6th. They then failed to follow-up with the court on any objection so now we are waiting for a hearing on the 28th of January to have the Trustee's records affirmed by the court. As I figure it the mortgage company will owe us $1400 when all is said and done.

I guess it is just their way of thumbing their nose at us one last time. I am not worried about this and have just accepted it as part of the game that you have to play when filing for bankruptcy. For most of the creditors this is just business and not personal. It is much different for those of us who are being negatively affected by it and eager to get right with the world again. I made my first payment in December and called the mortgage company yesterday to see when I would be able to access all of my account details on-line. They made no mention of being behind a month so I think they are just dragging their feet and forcing the lawyer to get the court to officially approve what the trustees says is final.

Hang in there, it is almost over and most of the stuff at the end seems to be more of a formality but I can concur it doesn't happen fast enough.

Comment

thanks everyone for the reassuring words. Happy New Year!

both of our cars have decided to develop issues now, so we're hoping to replace both of them soon. one of them (the 2001) isn't even running, and the other (the 2004) has had little nagging things happening one after another for the past couple of months. the earlier our discharge, the better. but i suppose like a watched pot never boils and watched cel phone never charges - an anticipated discharge doesn't happen quick enough! ;)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a GOOD way to start the NEW YEAR, and YOUR New Start! Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

lol! thank you!

Comment

13network now says "Closing Order Date Thursday, November 21, 2013" and "Date Closed Entered Friday, January 3, 2014" with a status of "Pending Completion 11/21/2013". the last creditor has processed the payment, finally. (edit: also, Final Cure was responded to on Dec 31 saying we fulfilled their claim and have no post-petition lates)

PACER doesn't say anything new though. could 'closing' simply be 13network terminology, indicating some milestone reached in our case in the Trustee's files? in the court, doesn't discharge come first, then closing?

Comment

13network showed our case closed on October 21st, like yours about a month and a half before our formal discharge came through on December 9th. If your case runs on the same timeline, you should get your discharge in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by makeupho View Post
                          13network now says "Closing Order Date Thursday, November 21, 2013" and "Date Closed Entered Friday, January 3, 2014" with a status of "Pending Completion 11/21/2013". the last creditor has processed the payment, finally. (edit: also, Final Cure was responded to on Dec 31 saying we fulfilled their claim and have no post-petition lates)

PACER doesn't say anything new though. could 'closing' simply be 13network terminology, indicating some milestone reached in our case in the Trustee's files? in the court, doesn't discharge come first, then closing?
                          13datacenter is the trustee records. It is normal that the trustee's records will be closed out before the case is discharged and closed in PACER. Either discharge comes before closing or they both come at the same time. Sounds like you'll get your discharge very soon.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

thanks hmchem and LadyInTheRed.

Comment

discharged yesterday! thank you guys for your assurance and knowing how i feel and what i'm going through. i wish i found this board back when i was getting ready to file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X