I've Made my Last Payment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Made my Last Payment??

The Trustee has received the what I believe is the LAST payment to my 60 month plan two weeks ago! According to the National Data Center I am over the plan base by 700.00. There isn't any tax refund adjustments as I've had to pay taxes every year I've been in bk, and the only two items in my plan that are 100% payback are supposed to be extended past the plan. Everything else is 27% payback. The Judge has also granted that my wage garnishments be discontinued.

I not really heard anything from the trustee, and wonder was it really my last payment? What is the typical length of time from hearing from the trustee not to send in anymore funds? Was this really my last payment? I've never called the trustees office but thinking I might. Just not sure I'd get a straight answer out of that beurocracy.

You really should be calling your attorney. In some Districts, the debtor's attorney is responsible for some things, such as submitting a Motion for Discharge of Debtor... in other Districts, the Trustee does this. There are also other things the debtor must submit, such as an Affidavit that all domestic support obligations (DSOs) have been met and are current.

There are things that need to be done. If the Trustee isn't moving the case along, you really need to contact your attorney or the Trustee to find out the actual status of your case. The Trustee's office is not a bureaucracy. It's simply an attorney's office managing a bankruptcy case. (You write that the Wage Deduction Order has been vacated, then someone must have asked for that to be done. Did your attorney do that? Did the Trustee's office do that? You need to ask.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Our last payment was in August. On Pacer it shows our case was closed on December 30th. You will need to make sure that your attorney submits your post bankruptcy debt counseling class. Your attorney will also have to submit the motion to discharge as mentioned above.

Comment

Congrats on what is hopefully your last payment. You paid extra funds to your attorney to take these things on in a 13 so they should have the answers for you.

Man, it must be nice to be able to drop that dead weight from your shoulders.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by PAWMARKS View Post
          The Judge has also granted that my wage garnishments be discontinued
          That's your answer right there. If the judge ordered garnishments to stop, than you have made all required plan payments. Make sure your employer has received a copy of the order so they stop the garnishment. Also, make sure you start paying on the debts that extend past your plan unless your extra payments caused those to be paid in full.

As already suggested, contact your attorney to make sure what needs to get done to get your discharge and close your case gets done.

ETA: It is possible that if you get a tax refund for 2013 you will need to pay it to the trustee. Check with your attorney on that.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Oh wow I never thought of my 2013 tax refund going to the trustee. Thats interesting. Although I've not had a tax refund in 5 years, I've had to pay more tax every year. My attorney put the motion to stop wage garnishments in after I told him I thought I made the last payment and he said he also reviewed it himself. I got the Judges order in just a few days afterward so I was able to get that order to my employer prior to my last payday! It was liking seeing an old friend when I saw my full paycheck again. I'll call the attorney's office tommorow to check on that motion to discharge. It wasn't on Pacer, and the lawyer has been great so far. I would think he would have thought of that when we stopped the garnishments. Who knows for sure. Needless to say I'm happy its almost over! I can almost taste the victory!

Comment

Congrats!!!! So lucky!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats to you! I'm getting closer and looking forward to the day that it's my turn!
                Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

ITS OVER!!!! Lawyer said today that I do not have to make anymore payments. The motion to discharge comes from the trustee in Florida after he performs an audit of the case. Just waiting for that magical piece of paper now. The worst is over!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X