Bank will not issue new coupon books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank will not issue new coupon books

We have four accounts we are paying outside of our bk13 all current and never a late payment. Two mortgages, one second mortgage and one car. Three separate banks. In the past few months the coupon books that we use to make our payments ran out and the banks will not renew the books because we are in an active bk. I don't get it. Is this bank protocol now?

Along with this our online access to our accounts has recently been restricted and/or blocked. We cannot make online payments and now have to request hard copies of our payment receipts as well as any account activity. Seems strange that the first four years of our bk was business as usual and now this pops up.

We were told to contact the bank(s) after our discharge and at that point they will issue new payment books and lift the restrictions.
    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Not uncommon. A bank looks at any activity of this type could possibly be construed as an attempt to collect a debt while you are under bk, so they err on the side of caution.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

This happened to us as well. Once you file they turn everything over to their BK department. We called the bank that held our car note and they at least gave us access so that we could see our balance online but that was pretty much all we could do. It sucked but once we knew who we could call to get information from those people were very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
        We have four accounts we are paying outside of our bk13 all current and never a late payment. Two mortgages, one second mortgage and one car. Three separate banks. In the past few months the coupon books that we use to make our payments ran out and the banks will not renew the books because we are in an active bk. I don't get it. Is this bank protocol now?

Along with this our online access to our accounts has recently been restricted and/or blocked. We cannot make online payments and now have to request hard copies of our payment receipts as well as any account activity. Seems strange that the first four years of our bk was business as usual and now this pops up.

We were told to contact the bank(s) after our discharge and at that point they will issue new payment books and lift the restrictions.
        Is that USAA?

Comment

I have always tossed those coupon books anyway. It is much easier to set up online billpay from my checking account.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Since two of the banks are local, I have been driving to each when the payment is due to get a stamped time dated receipt. The other sends me an email when they post my payment. Just found it odd that this is occurring now instead of when we filed 4.5 years ago.
            Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              I have always tossed those coupon books anyway. It is much easier to set up online billpay from my checking account.
              Me too.
              Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X