top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the longest time it took your mailed payment to get to the Trustees PO Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the longest time it took your mailed payment to get to the Trustees PO Box?

Hi...I'm feeling a litle nervous right now. I mailed an extra payment to my Trustee's PO last Friday (the 17th) and I looked this morning (the 24th) and it's not posted. I normally send all my payments Priority post but both my attorney and Trustee Case Manager told me to send it regular mail (as long as it's posted before the end of the month that's all you care about). Even taking Monday's holiday into account I really thought it should be there by now.At least with priority I can see the tracking.

I live in WA state and it goes to TN. Just curious what the longest time it took for your payment to get to it's destination.

thanks and have a good Friday!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Check and see if it gets posted next Monday or Tuesday. Remember, we had a 3 Day weekend when you mailed your check on the 17th.

ETA: Also the East Coast is having serious weather problems right now, and that will affect the mail.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-24-2014, 07:11 AM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Why would you mail an "extra" payment to the Trustee? Or, did I miss something?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Why would you mail an "extra" payment to the Trustee? Or, did I miss something?
        Hi Justbroke....

I never said why I sent an extra payment. I've been working a second job and had some extra money. I told my attorney about this when I started working it and he said the trustee didn't need to know (because I'm in a 100% plan) but I might want to occasionally send extra money to reduce the time to my complete my plan...not a requirement, just a suggestion. I decided to start the new year off and send something extra.
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Check and see if it gets posted next Monday or Tuesday. Remember, we had a 3 Day weekend when you mailed your check on the 17th.

ETA: Also the East Coast is having serious weather problems right now, and that will affect the mail.
          Thanks AngelinaCat...in my mind i only allowed 1 day for the holiday. I'm jut a big worrier when it comes to sending these payments (why i normally send my payments by priority mail). Also, yes, I need to remember about the bad weather.
          I appreciate your response.
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

The speed of the mail is not the only factor. The trustee may have certain days on which they process the mail. It's taken as much as 10 days for my payments to post. I've sent 44 payments by regular mail and there has never been a problem.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

sophieanne, we live in NC and also mail our payments to Tn. I generally takes between 7-10 days for our payment to post. We send it regular mail. Because of the weather and the Holiday ours just cleared our bank yesterday. sammie
              Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                Hi Justbroke....

I never said why I sent an extra payment. I've been working a second job and had some extra money. I told my attorney about this when I started working it and he said the trustee didn't need to know (because I'm in a 100% plan) but I might want to occasionally send extra money to reduce the time to my complete my plan...not a requirement, just a suggestion. I decided to start the new year off and send something extra.
                Okay, I didn't want to jump to any conclusion, but since you are in a 100% plan, sending in extra money actually helps!
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for your responses everyone....
                  I know Frogger would tell me I need to demonstrate patience.
                  Your responses will help me calm down for a few more days.
                  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

mine took 9 days once, and her PO box is pretty much just across town from me. however, the payment wasn't posted on my Trustee's website until day 12 (showing the receipt on day 9).

Comment

That lock-box in Tennessee must be the National Trustee (13 Data Center) lock box. I thought it was only for we lowly folks in the 21st Trustee District. It seems many Chapter 13 Trustees use that lock box for payments.
                      Last edited by justbroke; 01-24-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

In PA we also use the TN lock box. Maybe they have different PO Box number's for each trustee. I use 1799.
                        I have had payments post as quickly as 4 days and as slow as 10 days. The week of 4th of July is always the worst. Everyone who posts the payments must be on vacation that week. I allow 10 days and all have been posted on time.
                        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                          Thanks AngelinaCat...in my mind i only allowed 1 day for the holiday. I'm jut a big worrier when it comes to sending these payments (why i normally send my payments by priority mail). Also, yes, I need to remember about the bad weather.
                          I appreciate your response.
                          We were an Asset 7 case, and had to send in payments monthly for one year. About the third payment, when I got to the post office and noticed that the glue had failed on the envelope, I started sealing every mailing with tape, and a return receipt, just for the peace of mind. Yes, it cost us an extra $5.60 per mailing, but the Peace of Mind is worth it.

And, our payment only had to travel sixty miles, although that direct-line route is NOT how the Post Awful handles things....
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by jange View Post
                            In PA we also use the TN lock box. Maybe they have different PO Box number's for each trustee. I use 1799.
                            I just looked up my "old" (2008-2010) PO Box from my Chapter 13. My PO Box was 1103!

Comment

We are in Arizona & also send to the TN address. We also sent our payment 1/17 & still not posted! it usually takes 7-10 days for the payment to post! I always check the 13 website daily to make sure the payment is recvd! this is our 57th payment, only 3 more to go! We have never had a problem with mailing our payment.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X