• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my discharge letter!

Filed 10/2008
    Confirmed 3/2009
    Last Payment 10/31/2013
    Discharged 2/18/2014

Almost anti-climactic due to JP MORGAN/CHASE disputing the 'loan status' of my mortgage due to their crappy record-keeping... but I got the letter from my attorney yesterday and copies of the court documents. I read the discharge order AT LEAST a dozen times just to make sure ;)

The day I had my 541 hearing, was the day Congress was voting on TARP. I thought to myself... these guys are showing the rest of the country just how badly you can abuse credit!!! But, I had no one to bail me out and I did not have the power to FORCE others to pay up for my mistakes.

As of today, I have less than two years to go on my mortgage, no car payment, one credit card in my wife's name that we pay off every month (our kids live out of town, so to see our grandchildren we have to travel and sometimes stay at hotels). It's been over five years since I got those threatening phone calls and nasty letters, but it was always in the back of my mind how it could all start again if this plan failed. But it DIDN'T!!

Thanks to everyone who answered my newbie questions and a special thanks to the moderators of the Chapter 13 thread who continue to provide pertinent information for us all.

Paying cash when we go out to eat and leaving a well-deserved tip to the wait staff is such a powerful feeling! Paying cash all the time is the way to go!

I'm still going to be checking in to see how others are progressing. By the way, my attorney was awesome. He was attentive, courteous and very professional. Without his help, it would have been a nightmare.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! We have a Chapter 13 Discharge Party! Welcome to you Brand New Start:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Have a Great Weekend and a very good life!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on such an awesome achievement - a Chapter 13 discharge!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

You should be proud!! Great job and enjoy your new beginning! Congrats!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

A Chapter 13 discharge comes after hard work, sweat, and sometimes tears. Congratulations on seeing it to the end.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

congrats!!!!
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I just love a Chap 13 discharge party!

Congratulaions!
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Everyone here is AWESOME! Thanks!

Comment

And to everyone still waiting... you WILL get there as long as you keep your eyes on the goal. For every creditor, there are 1000 people praying for you and a support system at your beck and call... BELIEVE IT!

Comment

Woot Woot!!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Sure looks as if a bunch of us are making it thru to the end. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.
                      Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

The same day the letter arrived with the discharge order, another 'letter' came to the house from a local car dealer congratulating me on my 'fresh start' and offering credit terms. Boy, they don't wait long!

Comment

Originally posted by plateump View Post
                          The same day the letter arrived with the discharge order, another 'letter' came to the house from a local car dealer congratulating me on my 'fresh start' and offering credit terms. Boy, they don't wait long!
                          There are people whose job it is to review court filings every day and create mailing lists based on what is filed.
                          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

This is so great! Two discharge parties in one day! I can't wait till it's my turn. Congrats!
                            Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                            Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Sweet!! Congrats to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X