top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 - Is there a deadline from filing date until 341 hearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 - Is there a deadline from filing date until 341 hearing?

We should have everything finalized by early next week and would assume our case will be filed by the end of next week. I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. Is there a date deadline from when you file and you have to have your 341 meeting? I didn't know if it just depended on case load of Trustee's (like it could take a couple months) or if it was something like 30 days? Thanks.

The date on which the 341 Meeting happens is controlled by Bankruptcy Rules (Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure Rule #2003) and not the law itself. They typically schedule them 30-45 days after the petition is filed, although the Rule has some specifics based on the Chapter filed (21-40 days for Chapter 7, and 21-50 days for Chapter 13).

Since you are asking about a Chapter 13, that date should be 21-50 days from when you filed.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X