How do I get lower payments and update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get lower payments and update

I haven't posted in a long time. I've been so busy with everything. My guy passed away about a year ago which has been devastating and of course I've been through a lot of changes. I'm living paycheck to paycheck, but I'm hanging in there.

I still have my home, 2 cats and since last July, I've been working. The only job I could find, though it is considered long-term, is only temporary. The company is planning to move the branch out of state about a year from now. Never expected anything like this, not sure if I'm Laverne or ShirIey I have a college degree, and here I am running a machine 50+ hrs per week in a glue factory. But at least for the most part anyway, it's tolerable.

I'd like to have, for more $$$, a better job, but such things are hard to come by at 60 years of age. I've interviewed a few times, and the position seem to mysteriously disappear once they find out I'm not 25. Then, my concentration is just not what it used to be. Last year, I don't think I could have handled a "real" job.

I've been fortunate that I've been able to keep up the payments of my Chapter 13, of $210 per month, and keep up with my mortage, house insurance, and car insurance on my inoperable car. I take home between my online business and the job $1600 to $2000 per month. I only have about 6 payments to go on the bk. So should I ask my attorney about gettting my payments lowered? Or just keep my head down and just try and "slug" this out for the next six months?

Hello, I remember your story from last year.. Glad to hear you were able to get a job. I can't tell you the right thing to do but if it was me, I would hang in there & try to get through the next 6 months & compete the chapter 13. However I also know you have to do what is good for you!

Wouldn't there be additional attorney costs to get the payment lowered or convert to a Chapter 7?

Take care!

Comment

Hi, lillimarlene,

Originally posted by grndmom53 View Post
      Wouldn't there be additional attorney costs to get the payment lowered or convert to a Chapter 7?
      That was my first thought. The attorney fees to modify your plan could very much cost more than the savings of a lower payment. But, it can't hurt to call your attorney and ask.

You've been through so much. You have proved you have the strength to get through another 6 months!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi Lilly:

I cannot add anything to what Lady said. I just want to send you {{{{HHUGGSS}}}}

Please take care of yourself.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the replies. Yes, guess I will just try to get through the next 6 months. I'm afraid of having to spend $1,000 with this attorney to save maybe $50 per month.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X