Creditors reporting PP at discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors reporting PP at discharge

I was discharged a month ago, and I've been monitoring my credit through Experian, this morning I received an alert. I have various creditors who have reported PP or payment plan last month. This caused a 42 point drop on my score from 677 to 635. Can creditors report PP at discharge?

I also want to add that my mortgage company reported pp last month, and I was paying them outside the plan.

Comment

Hi Huffydog,

Sorry I don't have an answer...excuse my not knowing, but what is PP????
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

It stands for payment plan, and it makes it look like I just started my plan. The alert that I received from Experian states "that my mortgage company has flagged my account as Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petition."

Comment

I found a Credit Reporting Scoring Guide, and it states that PP should only be reported in the month BK is filed. Time to dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by huffydogg View Post
            I found a Credit Reporting Scoring Guide, and it states that PP should only be reported in the month BK is filed. Time to dispute.
            If allowed would you post your source?
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I just got a notice from my credit score company that CHASE reported me on 7-27-14, and noted as in a CH 13. I had CHASE as a debt in the BK filing in June 2010. Why would they place a "potentially negative information" on my most recent credit reporting?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X