top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking on Lady In The Red (After Bay area earthquake)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking on Lady In The Red (After Bay area earthquake)

Just heard about the earthquake in the Bay Area (Napa)...i read it was felt in lots of other areas. Just checking that Lady is doing ok.....
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Yes, we hope that Lady In The Red and family, friends, neighbors, pets and property are fine.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for your concern. I live about 45 miles from the epicenter. I was actually 65 miles on the other side of the epicenter at a wedding in a campground in a forest. The reception went into the wee hours around the campfire and my husband and I had just climbed into the tent when the quake hit. We both thought the other was making the air mattress shake. It felt big enough that I immediately found my phone to find out where the epicenter was. We were a little worried about the house, but got home a while ago to find everything right where we left it. I definitely prefer to be in the forest than in a house during an earthquake. It is much less scary when you aren't worried about a building falling in on top of you. I guess I have more faith in trees than I do an old house.

It sounds like there is a lot of damage in Napa. I have many friends in nearby Vallejo, including some that were at the wedding. I'm hearing that many of them have a mess to clean up after things fell off shelves. But, no injuries or serious structural damage. They are mostly on firmer ground than in Napa, so the structural damage is probably not a severe. Everyone is fine as far as I know at this point. Sending warm thoughts out to those who are dealing with damaged homes.

It made me think about pricing earthquake insurance again. I am about a mile away from the Hayward fault which they say is due for a very large quake. But, it is soooooooo expensive for a very high deductible. Will probably continue to have faith on our foundation that the home inspector described as overkill. If worse comes to worse, if my house is damaged and I can't afford to rebuild, I can always walk away from the house and my no-recourse mortgage.
      Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 08-25-2014, 01:40 PM.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Lady so glad to hear all is well with you

Comment

Thank you for writing Lady. I've been thinking of everyone in the Bay area and hoping for the best for everyone. I'm glad you were away from home (in the forest) and SAFE.
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Glad to hear you and your property are OK!

Comment

Yes, I too am glad that you and your family are okay.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X