X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any mass chap 13 people out there

I am done with my payments our attorneys filed motion
    To dismiss back in May. All accounting has been done by trustees office

It's just in the courts waiting I guess. Any mass residents have a real time
    Estimate before we get the discharge papers?

Another 1-3 months maybe?

Anyone have any clue how long it should take ??

Comment

I would contact the attorney. It should be called a Motion for Entry of Discharge Order (in a Chapter 13) or something similar. It requires some other certifications, such as a domestic support obligation certification that you are current on them. So, I don't understand what your attorney filed. Are you discharged?

I would not have waited more than 5 weeks to poke my attorney on this. Typically, after the final plan payment, most Chapter 13s are "closed" within 90 days of the entry of the Discharge order.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That has happened and on the sure I see class completed and closed as of 7-31

But no docs yet I have poked the atty waiting on a response

I was wondering if it takes longer than 3 months

Comment

What documents are you waiting for? If your case is discharged and closed, then you are done.

If you just want a copy of your Discharge Order, just pull it up in PACER, saver it as a PDF, and print it whenever you need it.

There really is no paperwork other than the 1 page Discharge order. That's the only thing the Debtor needs to worry about. The fact that your case is also closed means that the administration of your case is also complete.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was waiting for the document from the court stating
            The case was discharged. I only see on the NDC site it says
            Plan completed and closed

Comment

Oh, you don't have access to PACER (the court system for "public access" to the electronic docket). If your case if fully administered and closed, you should have received the "Discharge" order in the mail either directly from the court or through your attorney. It is typically only one page.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                What documents are you waiting for? If your case is discharged and closed, then you are done.

If you just want a copy of your Discharge Order, just pull it up in PACER, saver it as a PDF, and print it whenever you need it.
                I smiled a bit at this as I think you meant save but "saver" (aka savor) is most appropriate.

Not from MA but we were completed on 12/10/13, discharged on 2/18/14 (PACER), final report from the trustee 4/9/14 and the "FINAL DECREE" came in the mail (from the court) dated 5/15/14 and it was just one page.
                Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

I'm from Mass. Made my last payment in June for the month of July. By the end of July the Trustee marked the case as closed in NDC. In early August, about 40 days after I made my last payment the trustee made the final disbursement. In late August she filed her accounting and records statement and NDC changed to plan completed . My understanding is that creditors have 30 days to object and say they disagree with the accounting and if there are no objections the Trustee notifies the court with the recommendation for discharge. My attorney did file the discharge at the 60 month mark along with my statement about child support (even though I have no children) and my financial management certificate. I'm hoping to have the discharge papers by the end of September if all goes well.
                  Last edited by bostonit; 09-04-2014, 04:14 PM. Reason: missed a step.

Comment

So bostonit it seems we are similar but my attorney motion was filed a month earlier
                    Final disbursement was done in jul

So looks like hopefully by end of sept I will have my piece of paper

We are wanting to re finance the Morg and are needing
                    The whole thing to be completed

Comment

are you doing an FHA? I'm waiting to refinance as well but am told that if I end up going FHA I can do it now and don't need the discharge. My credit scores are all around 690 so I'm praying there's some way to get a conventional refinance.

Comment

PS - I was looking on pacer at the mass discharges. It looks like all the recent discharges are just about 35 days from the date the trustee submits their accounting report.

Comment

that's good to know I don't have access to pacer. as far as the re fi I don't know yet my fico score is 610 not the best. Problem was we had a 3 equity line not with our main mortgage co that was charged off... # 1 & #2 are all up to date and current but if we were to re fi we would have to incorporate #3 I would assume. our home value is good and prob have to do it...according to my loan officer. I don't even know whats out there for people like my wife and I...I hear of all these govt plans to help people make homes more affordable

Comment

sampsta, you should try to settle the #3 equity line.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                              sampsta, you should try to settle the #3 equity line.
                              Yeah I know but right bow there is too much on it our only hopes is
                              To re fi it into a new Morg I guess

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X