Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH 13 and HARP refinance

Has anyone did a HARP while in a Ch13?

Under the HARP guidelines , It can be done, a lot of lenders put there own overlays and want do it.
    Sure would like to know if someone has refinanced under HARP when still in ch13.

I'am thinking about giving it a try.

I, too, am interested in the answer to this. I was unable to re-finance, under any program, while in an active 13. My recent inquiries have resulted in being told that I would have to wait at least a year from discharge before trying again. Haven't pressed the issue as there may be lenders out there willing but, as of right now, will consider my options after the year is up.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

I'm also waiting, have just 10 days before my 7-year mark when it should come off my credit report (although of course I'm expecting a month or so of disputing any derogatorys to make sure it gets removed) before trying to refinance. I'm at an awful interest rate right now, 7.7%, so am really hoping to have the payment drop enough to refinance the 20 years I have left into a 15-year period and still lower or keep the payment about the same. I made a few inquiries over the past year but with the CH 13 on my record, even being more than a year out of discharge, no one really wanted to deal with me.
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by woeisme View Post
        I'm also waiting, have just 10 days before my 7-year mark when it should come off my credit report (although of course I'm expecting a month or so of disputing any derogatorys to make sure it gets removed) before trying to refinance. I'm at an awful interest rate right now, 7.7%, so am really hoping to have the payment drop enough to refinance the 20 years I have left into a 15-year period and still lower or keep the payment about the same. I made a few inquiries over the past year but with the CH 13 on my record, even being more than a year out of discharge, no one really wanted to deal with me.
        I feel your pain. Currently at 7.81% in an attempt to pay down debt with a refinance prior to Chapter 13 filing. Live and learn. Still have 22 years left on note and, like you, all attempts have resulted in rejection until at least a year after discharge with the average of a 2 year wait. I have zero debt, other than the mortgage, money in the bank and in better shape financially than I have been in the last 10 years. Keep hitting a wall though as soon as the 13 is mentioned. The bad part is that I can get a 15 year term with a better rate and have a payment that is less than I'm paying now. Rules is rules and unless I can catch a break I, also, will be looking at 2 years post discharge before I can do anything. Fingers crossed that the rates will still be low.

Best of luck woe.
        Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Originally posted by BNKRPTinNC View Post
          I feel your pain. Currently at 7.81% in an attempt to pay down debt with a refinance prior to Chapter 13 filing. Live and learn. Still have 22 years left on note and, like you, all attempts have resulted in rejection until at least a year after discharge with the average of a 2 year wait. I have zero debt, other than the mortgage, money in the bank and in better shape financially than I have been in the last 10 years. Keep hitting a wall though as soon as the 13 is mentioned. The bad part is that I can get a 15 year term with a better rate and have a payment that is less than I'm paying now. Rules is rules and unless I can catch a break I, also, will be looking at 2 years post discharge before I can do anything. Fingers crossed that the rates will still be low.

Best of luck woe.
          Yes rules is rules! What I plan to so in 2017 / 2018 is either sell and put the $$$ in the bank and in two years buy when my fico is lower. I just want out of where I am! Take the money and run!
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X