Awaiting Final Report from Ch 12/13 Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed this today on PACER and wondered what it means and how long it may take?

Chapter 13 Filed Feb 2010, Confirmed May 2010
    Last payment made Dec 2014, Awaiting discharge

Nobody?

Comment

As with anything dealing with Chapter 13's, you will find that the cases run the gamut of inconsistency. I don't recall this particular report when I was approaching the end. I will say that from final payment to FINAL DECREE took 5 months.
      Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Every Chapter 12/13 will be "Awaiting Confirmation" and then "Awaiting Discharge" and that can be stuck in that status for years.

What likely happened is that a "tickle" date has passed (with you being "Awaiting Discharge" or some other similar status) and the system generated a new "Awaiting Final Report" status.

The key is really what is the Trustee doing. A case that has completed the plan duration (plan payments made and plan duration met) can take 60-90 days (or more) for the case to be discharged and the case closed. There is an entire process that ensures that checks have been issued and not returned (all cashed), creditors get an opportunity to object to discharge, and the Trustee must complete a full accounting. That takes months.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok thank you for the responses.. I know as of the end of Nov, my plan base will be satisfied so obvisouly I hope they will withdraw the wage directive and start the process to discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by FullBoost View Post
            Ok thank you for the responses.. I know as of the end of Nov, my plan base will be satisfied so obvisouly I hope they will withdraw the wage directive and start the process to discharge.
            Call your attorney and ask if anything needs to be filed to stop the wage order. In some districts, the trustee will file a motion to vacate the wage order. In others, the debtor (i.e., the debtor's attorney) must file the motion. To be discharged, you also need to sign, and your attorney needs to file, a certification that you took your post filing debtor's education course and a declaration regarding domestic support obligations.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I spoke with my attorney who said the wage directive and discharge are initiated by the trustee in this state. I did get the debtor education course filed along with the declaration of domestic support. So at this point, looks like I'll be waiting for the trustee. Just hope they are on the ball!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X