Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submitting tax returns after final payment

Hi all,

I'm heading into the home stretch (final year) of my 5 year 13.

If my final payment is March 1, 2016, will I be asked to send in the previous year's tax returns while waiting for discharge? We typically have a modest (maybe $200) refund from the IRS, and have dutifully sent that in, but I was hoping not to have to still do that after my final payment. Has anyone else been in a situation similar to this?

I'm hoping someone can help me answer this question since I'd rather not call attention to myself at the old trustee's office. We're not doing anything wrong, I just want to quietly make all 60 payments on time and be done with this thing.

Thanks,
    Doug

If you are required to submit tax returns (forms) to the Trustee each year and surrender any refund, then you should do the same this time. Remember, the tax return is for the prior year which was "clearly" within your plan's lifespan. Why rock the boat now?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I hear you, justbroke. It's just that after being under the thumb of the trustee for so long I wanted that next return to be between just the IRS and me. Silly, I know, but funny things happen to a guy when he can see a glimmer of hope and freedom in the distance.

-Doug

Comment

Trust me... I understand completely.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks. I also just posted a question about conversion from 13 to 7 in the lien stripping area (trust me, it makes sense). I know this is a process you went through, and I'd love your input on this other question.

Comment

Originally posted by ddddougggg View Post
            Thanks. I also just posted a question about conversion from 13 to 7 in the lien stripping area (trust me, it makes sense). I know this is a process you went through, and I'd love your input on this other question.
            I saw your post and thought you should really post it in a regular thread instead of a sticky so that you could get responses.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X