Independent Consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent Consultant

I became an Independent Consultant with a direct sales company this past year and it's time to do my taxes and claim the income I made from that. When I send my taxes to the trustee, do they normally look down on this? Is this something I should have told the Trustee I was going to do before I did it? I am in a Ch 13, 100% bankruptcy. I'm just scared because my Trustee is so intimidating (he's not the nicest human being I've met...)
    4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
    6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
    7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Chapter 13 Trustees don't care how you earn your income; so long as you have regular income. You do not need to notify the Trustee when you get a new job or change jobs. You only contact the Trustee, through your attorney, when there is a material change in the amount of income that you are receiving. Don't ask me what "material change" means, but some suggest that a 10% change is sufficient to notify the Trustee.

Look, if you're paying on time and you're in a 100% plan, there is literally NOTHING the Trustee can complain about! (Unless you're not paying on time.) Even if your income doubled, the Trustee can't ask that you double your DMI payments. You're in a 100% plan!
    Last edited by justbroke; 02-01-2015, 11:17 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Why would they as you are in a 100% payback? You have a bit more than a year to go so I would imagine that they could care less how much money you make as long you are paying. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and slap it away as the end draws nigh and life is good after bk.
      Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X