I think I'm finally DISCHARGED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm finally DISCHARGED!

Hi Everyone! Just want to say how helpful this forum was during my Chapter 13 (Texas). And everyone here was so supportive in the past 5 years.

I have a question to clear up some confusion.

I just received mail from my attorney with a copy of what I think are my discharge papers.
    It says 'Form B18 (Official Form 18)' and in the middle it states 'DISCHARGE OF DEBTOR.' And of course my full name and case number.

So does that mean I am all done??? Can I start rebuilding my credit now?

Sounds like a discharge. Does it have a judge's signature or court filing date?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Sounds like a discharge. Does it have a judge's signature or court filing date?

Yes it has the Judge's signature and says:

DISCHARGE OF DEBTOR(S)

It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge
      IT IS ORDERED
      he debtor is granted a discharge under section 1328(a) of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code)
      'Signed and entered Docket: 1/20/15'

I called my attorney but he was not in when I called but I talked to his legal assistant. He said it should be all done...but I didn't feel too confident about this words. So I decided to try the forum for any input. I just want to make sure before I start anything. It was a long 5 years of being very careful.

Comment

That's a discharge. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          That's a discharge. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
          Awesome!! Just wanted to make sure! Thank you for all your help today and all the other times in the past LadyInTheRed! And Thank You everyone for all the useful info!

Comment

Congrats! It is so nice to see those words even if for someone else! Woo hoo congrats!!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
              Congrats! It is so nice to see those words even if for someone else! Woo hoo congrats!!
              Thanks dmc-2008!

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy your new freeedom..what a great way to start the weekend!
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

YAY! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
                    Filed ch 13 03/2012. Final payment made 03/2015. Discharged 8/04/15!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X