X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you regret filing?

Simple question...

Simple answer, sometimes! :-)
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I'll second the sometimes, but I keep my eye on where I want to be and keep plugging along.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I did in the beginning when I saw 60 months ahead of me. I only started to really appreciate my decision when I got down to ten months. Now with only five months left, I am truly thankful I made the decision to file.

Comment

No.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Never!
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
              No.
              Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              Never!
              With emphasis.
              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Only thing i regret is not doing it sooner. In the end everything will be great. Will only have a house payment.

Comment

Often we do not have a realistic alternative so it may be a moot question for most. I regret having to file but understand that it was the wisest financial choice given my options. I don't regret learning to live on cash and not chase new cars (and loans), furniture or vacations that really weren't making me truly happy. I will tell you it feels like the longest 53 months of my life but in reality it hasn't been that hard just different. The old 2005 Mercury Sable I saved for and paid cash is the most satisfying car I've ever owned after years of buying new cars annually.

I will only have a house payment too.. and equity.. and SAVINGS!

Comment

14 months into my BK 13.....looking back I wasted 5 years struggling with trying to rob Peter to pay Paul .Caused nothing but stress and turmoil..and took a toll on my health and I'm only 51....do I regret it ?...NO!!!!!

Comment

I regret the decisions I made that forced me to have to file in the first place. But do I regret regaining my financial health and not having increasing amounts of debt hanging over my head and beating myself up over making the decision to file? Hell no. My credit shot up nearly 100 points in the last month because I'm now in a position to make smarter credit choices.

Comment

Regret filing? Hell no! I'm turning 50 this year, and later in the 2010s the kids will be ready to go to college and we need to pave the way for a debt-free retirement.

Regret paving my way to filing with running up credit cards, home equity debt, getting more credit to rob Peter and pay Paul? Yes.

That's not to say there has been some challenges, but it's far better than the pre-BK alternative.

I wish BK was touted as more of a positive remedy for debtors. Funny, when I turn on Sirius XM I keep hearing this commercial with the voice over "If you filed for bankruptcy, you may want to turn the channel to something else because you won't like what you are going to hear". Then it proceeds to a Freedom Debt Relief sales pitch and I just do a little "bahahaha" to myself.

The only other regret is not filing when I first contemplated it in 2010. If my wife and I pulled the trigger then, we would be looking at being near the end of the Ch 13 plan now and probably at a lower monthly payment too.

Comment

Switch, i almost did it i 2008!! I would be done by now, i regret waiting lol!
                          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Not in the least. Got me out of an underwater house and credit card debt that I could not pay after I lost my higher paying job.

Comment

Not in the least. We do, however, regret some of the dreadful mistakes we made while trying to avoid filing.
                              Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-04-2015, 05:02 PM.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X