top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long has everyone taken to pay their Chapter 7 fees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long has everyone taken to pay their Chapter 7 fees?

I'm pushing to get this filed asap because of all the calls we're getting now, and just in general the stress of waiting to file and get it done with. We had our first meeting with the attorney about 10 days ago - I'm trying to get together as much cash as possible to pay these fees asap so we can file and have at least that part done with. Husband and I are a little at odds with each other - I want to file asap he wants to take time. Longer we take, the more harassment we have, and the more stress overall. He's been out of work for almost 3 months now. I'm having a very difficult time with waiting to pay these fees off. I wish we had the money up front to get it paid off up front grrrr.

How long it takes you to raise enough money to pay your attorney fees is going to depend on your situation. The experience of others isn't very relevant to your situation.

In your other thread, you talked about making car payments on a car you plan to surrender. If your husband is arguing that you should make care payments instead of paying attorney fees and you can risk being without a car, then I suggest you not make the car payment.

Have you stopped paying credit card bills? If not, you probably should unless you have made recent luxury purchases or taken recent cash advances.

You and your husband have to come to an agreement on what makes sense. Don't feel rushed to file because creditors are calling you. You do not have to put up with harassment. There are ways to handle collectors. Do some reading in the collections forum for suggestions.

LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I think I took 8 months or so.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I paid my Attorney fees in 1 month and will pay my court fees off in 2 weeks

Comment

Google voice....search it!

Comment

Ditto Google Voice. DO NOT FILE IN A RUSH!!! Take your time and get all of your ducks in a row.
            Google voice saved my sanity almost five years ago. Still haven't filed because things just keep getting worse here. Now dealing with cancer. Good thing we didn't rush......

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X