Schedule C Exemption Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule C Exemption Question

Hello. I could not find any specific information on this, and it is a pretty simple question. I have a vehicle worth $10216. This is a joint BK in Illinois, so I have $4800 vehicle exemption and $8000 wildcard. I am going to use the $4800 and $5416 to cover the full value. My question is, do I place both exemptions in one field, or separate them into two fields on the form? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by TerribleName View Post
    Hello. I could not find any specific information on this, and it is a pretty simple question. I have a vehicle worth $10216. This is a joint BK in Illinois, so I have $4800 vehicle exemption and $8000 wildcard. I am going to use the $4800 and $5416 to cover the full value. My question is, do I place both exemptions in one field, or separate them into two fields on the form? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I think I found the answer. It looks like I separate them, so if anyone believes otherwise, please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

They aren't separate if you are saying how to list the property. You list the property once, and then list all exemptions that apply to that specific piece of property. For example, if I exempt a 2012 Ford Ka, and I have two Florida Statutes, I list F.S. 222.25(X) and Fla. Constitution Article X Sec. 4 and claim the appropriate amount. At least that is how I have done it, how the bankruptcy "packaged software" does it (e.g. Best Case), and how I have seen other Schedule Cs in my District in Florida.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X