Mortgage receipts records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage receipts records

I hope I'm in the correct forum for this topic/question.... here goes. I sold my home which was a short sale in 2010, my 1st mortgage lender forgave the deficiency and I filed a 1099C(?) with the IRS. My HELOC was not so forgiving but the deficiency was discharge in CH7. Going through records, I've found old payment receipts for both mortgages as well as all the documents(transfer of deed) from the short sale. Anyone have the timeline as when I can toss this stuff? All replies are appreciated. Thanks!!!

I can't provide you with advice on when you can destroy tax-related documentation. I keep everything for at least 7 years. I just purged my file cabinets of documents from 1999-2003... if that provides any insight. I would personally be comfortable with destroying (shredding) my own documentation up to and including 2007.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X