US Trustee Questions re: employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Trustee Questions re: employment

I am less than 2 weeks away from Chapter 7 discharge. It has been a month and a half since my 341 meeting and have not received any denials or objections to date. Now i receive an email from US Trustee asking if I have obtained employment since filing Chapter 7. Nothing has changed and I stated that. Why are they asking me at this point? What does this mean as far as my discharge.

I have never heard of that happening. I guess they want to make sure you didn't already know you would be starting a job at the time you file. But, since the answer is that you have not obtained employment, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

An email from the US Trustee seems odd. But, if you filed pro se, maybe it isn't so odd. If I were you, I would make sure the email really is from the US Trustee and is not a scam. You can't be too careful!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I filed pro-se not too long ago (2013) and any and all communication from the court, or from the bankruptcy trustee was done through postal mail. I would be very wary of any email claiming to be from the bankruptcy court or bankruptcy trustee.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X