top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable and Internet necessary utility chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable and Internet necessary utility chapter 7?

I was writing down my expenses i will be giving to a attorney. Quick question, are cable and internet services counted as NECESSARY utilites in chapter 7? I noticed on the schedule j that those items are included under the utility section, but im not sure how its treated in a chapter 7. Thanx.

Basic cable is a necessity. Basic internet is also a necessity and can be included as an expense. I was able to expense a premium FiOS internet package because I work from home and I need very-high-speed internet.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

List all of your expenses without making any calls about what is or is not necessary. Let your attorney make those decisions. That's what you pay him or her for.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

That's excellent advice from LadyInTheRed! List your expenses, hand them to your attorney, and have your attorney comb through them.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X