Buying a car while in the middle of bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a car while in the middle of bankruptcy

I had my 341 meeting Friday and it was painless, very brief; Afterwards the lawyer said the credit union is using cross colateralizatioin on m truck two credit cards. So my question, is it legal to go and buy a new /' used vehicle now and either give up the current one or trade it in to get out of these other two bills?

Of course, it's legal to buy another vehicle right now, but remember that it's also legal to stop payments on your current one (if you haven't already) and keep driving it payment-free until the lender picks it up. You may be able to drive it for 3 of 4 months without making another payment. Also, remember that if you are planning to finance a vehicle, you will get much better loan terms after the case is discharged than you would prior to discharge.

Comment

Ok, but I wld really need to purchase soon if i stopped payment. So has anyone ever got financed while in the middle of bankruptcy; Its been about 3 weeks since our 341 meeting. So far all is quiet. Our only hickup is if i want to keep my truck which means i have to repay my loans with the credit union. If i let them pick it up then i wont have to but I will immediately need a vehicle!

Comment

Yes, you can get a car. Any bankruptcy debtors may not be able to touch transactions like car and house financing. Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X