top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Form B106 (unsecured debt) - What if I don't know the date debts were incurred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form B106 (unsecured debt) - What if I don't know the date debts were incurred?

For every unsecured debt listed on Form B106ef, it asks for the date the debt was incurred. But with very few exceptions, I have absolutely no idea when that date was -- not even plus or minus 5 years, let alone the exact date. Even when I scour the creditors' websites, the statement history only goes back a few years, which is long after the first debt was incurred.

How important is that date? Can I leave it out entirely? Or can I put in some dummy date, like 01/01/2001?

I want to file ASAP, but I can't until I know what to put for those dates.

Thanks!

I don't know the correct answer, but I think I would pick the earliest date that may be possible and say "before...". For credit cards, if you know the date of you last charge, try "....and earlier".

LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks, LadyInTheRed! Sorry for the delay in responding...

Comment

The reality is. . . if you are unsure and cannot make a logical guess, leave it blank or put "unknown". I rarely fill in the date for my clients on Schedule F (Schedule D - secured- is easy to figure out) and, to date, have not had an issue.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X