Massachusetts discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massachusetts discharge

On 10/6 I am eligible for discharge. All motions have been filed, trustee filed her account statements and courses have been taken etc. I wonder how long it takes for the courts to physically issue the discharge ? Thought ? Experience?

I can't tell you specifically for Mass, but they are compelled to enter the discharge as quickly as administratively possible after the last day to file a complaint to bar the discharge. In some courts, it is "automatic" as the system will issue the discharge automatically if there are no flags on the case. In others, they probably use a tickle list to see which cases should be discharged, review the docket to make sure everything is there (including your certificate for your second class), that there are no flags, and all else is good.

But, generally, most (at least those not in California), will see a Chapter 7 discharge entered within 2-3 (court) business days after the 60 days from the 341 Meeting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We were eligible for the discharge as of the sixth and nothing has been posted yet. Getting nervous not gonna lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinalbass View Post
        We were eligible for the discharge as of the sixth and nothing has been posted yet. Getting nervous not gonna lie.
        Don't be nervous about "when" you will receive your discharge order. The milestone is the date. Once that date passes, it's just a matter of the court issuing the discharge order. No one can file something late after that date has passed.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We received it yesterday !!! Thank goodness this is over !!

Comment

Cardinalbass - Congratulations..just in time for the weekend. Enjoy your new freedom..celebrate--you did it!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I too filed CH 13 in Boston and I entered my motion for discharge on 10/9/19. On 11/15/19 the trustees report and account and notice of deadline for objections was entered. It says objections must be filed within 30 days of service of this notice. On 12/5/19 the trustees final report and account and request of discharge was entered. How much longer will I have to wait for discharge. My lawyer told me when he entered the motion for discharge that it would be 4-6 weeks.

Comment

I was in MA, had Denise Pappalardo for a Trustee, she was totally hands off but also VERY slow to move on things. I made my final payment the first week of December last year, filed motion for discharge mid December. She made final disbursements at the end of December but then there were like two creditors that sent money back, for some reason, and so she then waited til the end of January to re-disburse. Finally got our discharge in early March.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X