top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it to sell your home while in a 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it to sell your home while in a 13?

I know the proceeds will be used to pay the debt, besides that. Are there any other issues that could make it difficult? I owe a little over 20k left to creditors, there should be over 35k net from a sale.

Actually selling and closing on a home is more difficult than obtaining Trustee/court approval.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, you maybe right, but I have to try.

Comment

I meant that in the most positive manner. I mean, there's more paperwork, listing, showing, worrying with selling a home, than filling out the motion for permission to sell.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I understand, it can be difficult to sell a home and I really hate showing and dealing with all that comes with it. But if I can get close to what I’m asking, I can discharge this chapter 13 early and move on.

Comment

I've thought about this very thing should I be forced into chapter 13. I assume this will only work if you are in a 100% payback plan correct?

Comment

Yes, that’s correct.

Comment

Got an offer of 5k over asking, which will totally payoff the chapter 13(100%). Waiting on the trustee to approve.

Comment

Congrats and good luck!
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Yes, congratulations on a fast contract and I wish you the best with the Trustee and closing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X