Home repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home repairs

I have a home built in 1900. It is in relatively good shape but is old and will need a new roof soon. Just replaced furnace with lease prior to filing for chp 13. What option do I have for major home repairs, or any major issues. With payments to trustee we can barely save. Can I get loan through 401 K? Are there lease options for roofing contractors? Home warranty's a good option?

Welcome to BKForum.

You may be able to use money from a 401(k), but you need to absolutely go through your attorney before you pull a single dime from the 401(k). You "may" even be able to incur debt (obtain a loan) to repair the roof. Of course, you'll need to credit qualify for any roof repair loans, but if you qualify and obtain approval to incur debt, then you could also go that route.

I don't know if there are other financing options for roof repair. I'm unsure if a home warranty company would take on a 100 year old home's roof... but I have never repaired a roof. I'm actually looked at a new build today, to avoid some of the pitfalls of an aging home.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X