Just filed have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed have questions

I just filed on non-consumer debt ( high 6 figures). I also have some credit card debt that is included but does not even come close to my non-consumer debt.
    In April 2018 I gifted my fiancee $7500 to pay off her car. At the time I was in a payment plan for the biz debt and was current on all bills.

I began talking to my attorney in July about filing and when he found out about the gift, he advised me to have her repay me which she did. He quoted a case file where repaying before filing should not be considered fraudulent or something to that affect in the SOFA.

I am self employed with one employ and my business is service oriented with no real value. I listed my account receivables and everything I own is exempt using Fed exemptions. I have just under $1800 in DI but will be losing quite a bit of business in April which my lawyer also documented in the schedules.

He doesn't think we should have any real problems but I am not sleeping, breaking out in sweats etc etc. My 341 meeting is in one month.

In talking to my fiancee if they pushed the issue, we would just pay the Trustee the $7500 to get it over with.

Signed,
    Sitting here in a cold sweat!

That sounds like the perfect plan and it reads as though you have a good attorney. I was a non-consumer as well. It turned out totally differently than I expected. I expected challenges and motions to dismiss, and was rewarded with anxiety and nervousness... for nothing. I wish you luck.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

341 is done!

I had been stressing so much and ended up being first out at 830 am which I think helped. I was standing on the street talking to my attorney at 840 am with the dreaded 341 meeting behind me feeling much better.

My attorney was very thorough in filling out the paperwork and listing everything good or bad. I answered all the questions honestly and it was a breeze. Knocking on wood though until I see the No Asset No Distribution on Pacer....
      Last edited by CBR6263; 02-18-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X