chapter 13 timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chapter 13 timeline

when does a chapter 13 timeline start the day of the filing or the day of confirmation.I filed last may I have amended my plan several times I am still not confirmed.Any thoughts?

Hi..I hope your plan is confirmed soon...the sooner you start, the sooner you finish. The timeline is based on the number of payments you will make..so it starts when your first payment is made.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

It depends on your district. Luckily Mass. is in a District where it's counted from the first payment towards the plan. In a very small number of Districts, they count the plan duration from the date it's confirmed! So, you're among the 95% that are lucky.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

..and I was lucky I guessed what happened in your state . Good luck as you go forward.
        justbroke - just for clarification. If someone is in a state where the time starts after confirmation..what happens if you've already made x number of payments. Could you in fact end up in a plan that's longer than 36 or 60 months??
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I'm in Ohio and my plan will end up being a little shorter, roughly 51 months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X