No announcement yet.

Escrow Adjustment.... wtf? lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... well lets hope I'm not one of them. I was not late at all before I filed and Navy Federal is pretty nice to me and if I call they help me with my account and don't give me any "you're in bankruptcy go away" stuff. I also still get my monthly statement from them.

Comment

Unfortunately it happens more often than not in Chapter 13s with a mortgage (especially if there are arrears in the plan). It's because most lenders just don't have systems that are capable of doing the right thing. Instead they use payment "suspension" accounts, the system keeps adding late fees, and then interest on the late fees. When the 13 is over and it comes time to reconcile, there are usually discrepancies.

I'm not saying they can't be overcome and fixed, but it's just a pain in the neck at discharge (and before close).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

• Barbisi
        Barbisi commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, jb if we've never missed a payment and had no arrears when we filed, can our mortgage still be seriously messed up when we earn our discharge? We paid $1800 this year to catch up on our escrow shortage and our payment still increased by around $60.
        We are hoping to sell immediately when we are allowed our discharge in 2022. Should we expect problems? (We get a statement every month and it shows the principle balance slightly going down each month.)
        We just want out of this mortgage , the solar panel lease and Colorado ASAP.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X