Deficiency notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deficiency notice

Hi there. So 5 days after we filed we find out a "notice of deficiency financial management class" was put against us. We had taken the first class before filing and had only filed 5 days before that notice. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Did you file Pro Se? If so, call the Clerk's office and ask a "procedural" question. Ask them if your certificate was filed properly. There may be a "local" form that goes with it and this is why, if you're Pro Se, you should call the Clerk's office. They are your resource. Make sure you say that you're asking a "procedural" question regarding your case and the pre-filing credit counseling course.

Welcome to BKForum, Deal635
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

5 days after we filed we find out a "notice of deficiency financial management class" was put against us.
      This notice pertains to the second class which is called a "financial management class".

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
        This notice pertains to the second class which is called a "financial management class".
        I wondered if it was the second, but the OP wrote that they received a deficiency 5-days after filing. Which would be weird to have a deficiency, already, for the 2nd course?

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I was required to complete both first and second classes before I filed.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I took the first class abt a month before I filed. I filed on 6/17 and on 6/22 the paralegal emailed me and said take your second class and I could see we had this filed against us. It even had the trustee copied on the email. I have asked what it was for but never got an answer. I just got an official letter today stating I had to take it to receive a discharge. I took the class the next day after getting the email from my lawyers office. It just seems weird to me. At the bottom of the email it referenced Synchrony Bank

Comment

Maybe your attorney didn't file the B23 certificate of completion -- for the 2nd class. Follow up with the attorney's office (paralegal). The deficiency could be that the "certificate" was filed, but not there is no B23 certification or vice-versa. (The actual certificate is usually sent by the provider to the court.)

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                I wondered if it was the second, but the OP wrote that they received a deficiency 5-days after filing. Which would be weird to have a deficiency, already, for the 2nd course?
                In Chapter 7 cases the Clerk in my district sends out the first deficiency notice about a week after the case is filed. Technically, I think the 2nd certificate is due after the 341 but, those Clerks just don't want folks to forget.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                  In Chapter 7 cases the Clerk in my district sends out the first deficiency notice about a week after the case is filed. Technically, I think the 2nd certificate is due after the 341 but, those Clerks just don't want folks to forget.
                  I think that's not so bad. I suppose it helps the Clerk's office in dealing with case closings without a discharge due to the missing certificate, only to have to re-open to add the cert and issue the discharge.

I think that's a very nice service (the "reminder" deficiency).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X