Stacking Exemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stacking Exemptions

I am resurrecting this thread because I have the exact question (except I am in FL, so different statutes apply, but I am stacking a wildcard with my vehicle exemption).

I am inclined to list the vehicle on only one line, but list more than one statute as LadyintheRed suggests.

I moved this to its own topic because the other one was 4 years old and was for Pennsylvania.

In general, what LadyInTheRed wrote is correct. We normally just cite every statute, or the Florida Constitution, for which we are claiming for the property on Schedule C.

EXAMPLE ONLY: 2001 Ford Fiesta, value $2,000, F.S. 222.25(1) & F.S. 222.25(4)

Noting that the F.S 222.25(4) is the unused Florida Homestead Exemption valued as a $4,000 wildcard. You will need to make sure you don't exceed the values by keeping your own running total (e.g. for 222.25(4))
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X