aarons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aarons

my husband are having to file chapter 13 this year due to all the sickness from COVID-19.
    we have 2 accounts with Aarons washer & dryer and computer.
    concerned at what will happen. I believe we have to add them, Right?
    all dept has too added.

That is just like the Rent-A-Center (RAC) agreements and since they are lease-purchase agreements then they would be listed under Executory Contracts and Leases (Schedule G). You can choose to assume the lease agreement meaning that it would stay in place. However, if you want to get out from that contract you could reject the contract. I do believe that those RAC contracts are self-renewing on a week-to-week basis (or month-to-month) and you really aren't bound by them. However, they still own the property until you payoff the lease.

I have used them in the past to furnish a "corporate" apartment for work-related travel. I found it was cheaper for me just to buy the furniture so I asked them for the buyout. Saved me at least $1,800 over the next year of their extremely high payments. I'm not saying that companies like RAC aren't a necessary evil, but they certainly do overcharge. You end up paying over $1,300 for an game console that you could have bout for $249-299.

So, short answer, yes. All debt must be listed. Whether or not you choose to assume or reject that lease agreement/contract will need to be decided by you. The property remains under the ownership of the leasing company.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X